Computer Newbies forum

General discussion

help now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by 4164918 / May 5, 2006 7:37 AM PDT

I need help .I had so many infections on my computer that I don't know what to do.My ad-awere is mulfunctioning -ad awere.exe-file corrupt/settings exe.Ewido and Zone alarm are still running ok. I hope.Mozzila is closing often by windows or something else.Spybot is acting strangly.
I accidentily downloaded hijackthis from cd,and I try to stop the installation,but it installed somwhere on my computer.I can't find it.It is not in hidden or temporery files.It is shown only in prefetch,and in add/remove,without size.
My net.framework is partly removed fom add/remove,because of susspition that windows is infected with something and that removal could be dangerous.
I don't know what to do.I have many log files about infections.And I can send any I can find.Help please.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: help now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: help now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try the Virus forum...
by John.Wilkinson / May 5, 2006 8:00 AM PDT

This an issue best posted in the Virus Forum. When you post there, be sure to include the following information:
1.) What OS you have.
2.) What, if anything, is found by Ewido and SpyBot.
3.) What do you mean you ''accidentily downloaded hijackthis from cd?'' HiJackThis, provided it's the same program I'm thinking of, doesn't come on CD and isn't something that's installed...it runs self-standing. Thus, clarify what software that is.
4.) Don't post your log files, but note what malware/issues have been found, and what, if anything, was done. (Quarantined, deleted?)
5.) Aside from Mozilla crashing, what other problems are you experiencing? It may be that you've taken care of all of the infections and just have a problem with the one browser.
6.) Have you done a traditional virus scan? AVG and Avast have free versions, and TrendMicro has a free online scan called HouseCall.

Let us know.
John

Collapse -
Backup and re-install
by yellowbug / May 5, 2006 8:25 AM PDT
In reply to: Try the Virus forum...

It's probably easier at this point to just backup important files & drivers and re-install Windows.

Collapse -
re
by 4164918 / May 5, 2006 9:20 AM PDT
In reply to: Backup and re-install

Seems to I must. reinstall.But I just bought the dvd burner/reader,and I don't really know what to do on my computer when I install it,I mean where and what should I set in the system about the dvd,and I'm warried about infecting something, but that only shows how little I know about all these things...

Collapse -
re
by 4164918 / May 5, 2006 9:11 AM PDT
In reply to: Try the Virus forum...

I have Windows XP pack 1.
Spybot detected and deletet mostly tracking coockies,trojans andtwo or three adwares/spywares.but because of many errors and my lack of knwedge i renstalled spybot a couple of times,so I I am not certain
what they were,
ewido cleared troyan dealers.oy, coockies,downloaders.zlob,hoax.win32. renos. cu,
most of my viruses and spyware/adwares were cleaned ,by ad-awere and zone alarm.
Since ad-awere is no longer functional,I tryed to reinstall,but it won't run.
I downloaded hijackthis from the net to a cd,because I didn't trust my computer.Then I wanted to download something else from cd and i slipped to hijackthis and I couldn't stop the download.I can try and find all reports of malware and other from all of anti virus applications.
My Internet explorer is overerunned with adweres so I heaven't openned it in a long time.
The computer is rebuting byitself a lot.Startup is slow.Files stopped being replaced ,but something is wrong.Everu time ,at startup ,when my desctop appears
I find the error report about somme unspecifyd error by atcmlx.exe.
No I didn't try avg or avast,even if I have then on cd,because I don't know how will they react with Zone alarm.
Also I didn't try nod32 ,but like these two above.
Zone alarm deleted 35 viruses,but I don't know where to find their names ,or where to find ad-awere logs.I'll try and find them.If anything else is needed of information you say and I'll produce.
And not to forget that I had many error meseges about various things,but mostly my programs like mozzila,totalcommander,are being closed by windows,and I have freezes in a manner that I must reboot or shut the system down....but less then before...Sorry about misspeling and the delay ,but I was trying to find those log reports while I was typing this.

Collapse -
RE; help now
by Matty D 101 / May 7, 2006 12:58 AM PDT
In reply to: re

Disable Zone Alarm if it causes any problems while doing any of these steps.

Go here http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl/v5 and get AVG Free, run it.
Then go to Microsoft and get this tool: http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.mspx
Then go back to Windows Update and get ALL the updates.

I'd un-install any programs I don't need or that I have downloaded several times, clean out all the cookies, internet files folders.

A word of warning and advice. All these problems didn't happen overnight so expect for it to take most of the day to correct all the problems maybe longer.

Collapse -
Zorann, See Responses in Virus & Security Alerts Forum
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / May 7, 2006 3:53 AM PDT
In reply to: re
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?