Check the maker's site and most have a supported CPU list. I leave this to you since you must learn this.
Overall a nice build but for me I'd chuck the HDD for SSD since for 100 I've picked up 500GB SSDs for that much. This difference is amazing.
hi, i am a new PC builder, and i would like to get an experts opinion on my blueprint of my pc build. i'm hoping to get it below $1100. open to suggestions. cooling fans are not included, not water cooled. Mainly to play BF1, COH2 and Overwatch
1. I5 6600k for CPU (6M) --> $237
2. Fractal design R5 for case --> $79
3. GTX 1060 for graphics card --> $250
4. corsair RM 550 for power --> $90
5. Toshiba DT01ALA300 (3TB) for storage --> about $100
6. MSI H170 Gaming M3 for motherboard --> $130.27
7. balistix sport LT (8GB x2) --> $86.99
But, i am not sure wether the cpu can fit the motherboard, and the type of fan to use to cool the cpu( you know the 1 that sticks on it)
total is $973