General discussion

HELP! New computer gone screwy!

I to this computer online at AVA direct. It was built there , I can't give the specific specs on it right now. I doens't let me in for very long before shutting down.
But I had it for about two weeks. I've been mostly loading stuff from my old computer to this one. And I've been loading my old programs on this one..This OS is Windows 7 so I was bugged that some of my old programs like PSP woulnd't work on it. And the internet explorer has been kind of slow..I connected it with a ethernet cable and that helped but it still was slow..ALso little by little I found certain things would run slow. I haven't gotten an antivirues program yet..Stupid i knkow but i was mostly loading my old stuff onto the new computer so I wasn't too worried plus I was waiting for the beggining of the month since i didn't have the money for it sooner.
SO anyway, today I notice everything is extra slow. I hadn't downloaded or installed anything new... BUt Programs kept freezing. It was just horrible.
I figured I'd try a free virus program since I still didn't get paid, so I got AVG and installed it, I only got the free version caus when I tried ot installl the trial of the paid version it was taking forever, and I wasn't even sure if it froze.
ANyway got the AVG on, and scanned WIndows. It didn't have any problems at all. I was gonna do a scan of the rest of my files when I went to bed, but I figure Windows was the most important.
ANyway, all of a sudden it says, something about Blue Screen..couldn't read the whole thing.
Then a black screeen came up and said
"A device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught" and it had to close in order to keep from it harming the computer or something to that effect.
I coudln't really read any further cause it shut off.
Right now it wants to start in safe mode.
I really am loking for some help with this. AS I said I can't get in to get any system info because it only stays on for a second and then the black screen comes up and shuts it down.
I don't know if it could have a virus..or if it's a problem with the system..It seemed to have some issue since the first day I got it but I thought maybe that was due to WIndows 7..I heard people were ahving issue with it.
Since it was a computer that was built special at AVA direct..could it be it was just not put together right?
I'm hoping someone might give me some direction to look in cause right now I'm lost.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: HELP! New computer gone screwy!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: HELP! New computer gone screwy!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I got the specs

I managed to get into my account and get the specs on my system so I figured I would post them:
ANTEC, Three Hundred Black Mid-Tower Case, ATX, No PSU
CORSAIR, CMPSU-450VX VX Series Power Supply, 450W, 80 PLUS

- Collapse -
At two weeks a Warranty issue.

But about PSP. I run PSP X on 7 just fine. Sometimes you have to update titles.

CNET Forums