Question

help needed in choosing an affordable gaming laptop

Hi,

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: help needed in choosing an affordable gaming laptop
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: help needed in choosing an affordable gaming laptop
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Alienware m14x

It is under $1200, has a core i5 processor and a very respectable gaming card.

- Collapse -
Answer
We have one for sale!

Hi,

Are you still looking for a gaming laptop? We have one for sale which is in good condition. We no longer require it as my partner has a laptop now from his work. Spec as follows:

Brand: ROCK
Features: Intergrated 10/100/1000 LAN Card, 2.0M Built in Camera, Ports - 4x USB 2.0, 1x eSATA, IEEE 1394a, DVI-I ou, WiFi - Intel 5300 Series, OS - Windows Vista Home Premium, Firewire, Modem, Operating System, USB, WiFi Enabled
Processor Type: Intel Core Duo T9550
Hard Drive Capacity: 250 GB
Processor Speed: 2 x 2.67Ghz
Screen Size: 15.4
Memory (RAM): 4 GB DDR 3
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quaddro FX2700M 512MB GDR3 High Performance
Primary Drive: DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo

This retails at approx

- Collapse -
Answer
Be careful here.

While a nice choice of CPU did avoid some heat, gaming laptops tend to need some service so factor about 50% of purchase price if not outright replacement in 2 to 3 years. And beware the new names since they tend to have no spare parts or rather repairs run beyond what you pay for the name brands.
Bob

CNET Forums