Computer Help forum

General discussion

HELP....Need Sony Vaio Recovery CD for VGN-FZ480E/B

by hybridspecia / April 3, 2008 1:47 PM PDT

Can someone please help??? The recovery media on the harddrive was accidently deleted in the process of attempting to install Windows XP (instead of Vista)... I seriously need to get my laptop up and running ASAP for work...Sony said it would take 5-7 business days for a purchased recovery CD to arrive---but I need it NOW!!!

Someone PLEASE suggest an alternate option as to where I can get the recovery media!! or if you have the same model (VGN-FZ480E/B)...can you PLEASE post the recovery files on a free-FTP site where I can download it?!?!?!?! I'm seriously at the point where I'm freaking out because my laptop is out of commission and I need it for work....THANX in advance for your responses!!!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HELP....Need Sony Vaio Recovery CD for VGN-FZ480E/B
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HELP....Need Sony Vaio Recovery CD for VGN-FZ480E/B
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Check here...Download possible Look for your model
by JP Bill / April 3, 2008 2:31 PM PDT
Collapse -
I have ordered them and
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 3, 2008 11:29 PM PDT

For a little more dollar they overnight them to me. Did you call Sony and ask for them?

Collapse -
Have you been to the Sony site?
by kjguillemette / April 4, 2008 12:54 AM PDT
Collapse -
re: thanx for your responses...but....
by hybridspecia / April 4, 2008 8:10 AM PDT

thanx JP Bill for the UK site link...unfortunately they do NOT have the Vaio FZ series i need....and yes, I have been on the Sony site, as well as online chat help AND on the phone with at least 18 different people, since yesterday, from the customer service, technical service, and parts department--- NOBODY can locate the recovery media for this FZ480E model at Sony!!!! one guy suggested i send them the laptop back!!!! ugh...it's not even a week old and it's 'dead in the water'...

If anyone out there has the same laptop model (VGN-FZ480E), can you please, please, pretty please make me a recovery CD from your c: and post the file on a free FTP site so I can get my computer back to 'factory stock' at least???? I'd really super appreciate it.....

Collapse -
same problem
by bobdalong / April 30, 2008 8:06 AM PDT

hi, I have had exactly the same problem to no avail.

if you have any luck please let me know as purchasing the disk from the US is a pain in the backside as I dont have a US credit card or address and they wont deal with me otherwise.

bob

Collapse -
Check my replies on this issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 30, 2008 11:14 AM PDT
In reply to: same problem

Those that ship a laptop from the US tend to get mighty hot about that.

Collapse -
'mighty hot'
by bobdalong / April 30, 2008 7:07 PM PDT

sorry, not sure if I know what you mean about getting 'mighty hot'.

the laptop was bought while I was working in new york, but now, as I am English and have returned to the UK, my credit card, address, billing information, telephone, power supply and keyboard are now all English, and when I say English I mean the queens English, not that american nonsense. unfortunately I cannot say the same about the laptop I am using or the sony 'help' that I receive so I am in a predicament with a brick of a laptop and little or no support.

global my ***.

Collapse -
"GMA" = pretty hot.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 30, 2008 8:54 PM PDT
In reply to: 'mighty hot'

That's one of the issues I've written about. The other one is warranty work. Shipping to/from the US and any other country is taxing.

-> Your issue of replacement CDs seems like something you could have avoided by copying them for a backup set. Then again I run into people that didn't think they were important enough to safeguard or create. Later they complain and loudly.

Hopefully you can find a retail Windows XP and all the drivers.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.