Computer Help forum

Question

[HELP] need canvas for an online game

by baubabau / January 26, 2014 12:20 AM PST

Hello everybody Happy

For starters i must say im a noob at technical things so i may be saying stupid things..
Anyway the problem i need to solve is described here..any help will be much appreciated..

tia bai

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: [HELP] need canvas for an online game
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: [HELP] need canvas for an online game
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: problem
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 26, 2014 12:40 AM PST

I don't see any clear problem in that link, let alone a problem for a noob. Anything involving html and scripts is for experts. Can you explain?

Kees

Collapse -
clarification
by baubabau / January 26, 2014 12:57 AM PST
In reply to: Re: problem

like i can play

Collapse -
ssss
by baubabau / January 26, 2014 12:59 AM PST
In reply to: clarification

sorry but im fighting with the forum..

Collapse -
clarification
by baubabau / January 26, 2014 1:02 AM PST
In reply to: Re: problem
Collapse -
(NT) Both this and this way worked fine on my Windows PC.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 26, 2014 1:04 AM PST
Collapse -
toproffitt
by baubabau / January 26, 2014 1:09 AM PST

also on my mac both "this" and "this way" works but, how u can see, in "this way" there isnt all the kongregate environment

Collapse -
Sorry but the links so far seem to work.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 26, 2014 1:14 AM PST
In reply to: toproffitt

I can't guess why a game player would fret about a game so.

Sorry I missed what the concern was here. That is, the game worked so play on!
Bob

Collapse -
toproffitt
by baubabau / January 26, 2014 1:22 AM PST

be able to play the game w/o loading all kongs unnecessary stuff would help my phone to run the game faster, smoother and also when not having a perfect internet connection

Collapse -
Ahh, I wonder if that's the real question.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 26, 2014 1:34 AM PST
In reply to: toproffitt

Not all phones can play all games. If this is THE REAL QUESTION then track down the game's author and make your request.
Bob

Collapse -
to proffitt
by baubabau / January 26, 2014 1:45 AM PST

as far as i know my phone can play any flash game on the web..

like i play tyrant through the canvas link when playing on phone, id love to have a similar link to help me playing nightbanes on my phone..<----this is my real question

i hope to be sufficiently clear otherwise ask for info

Collapse -
As Flash has evolved.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 26, 2014 1:50 AM PST
In reply to: to proffitt

Some Flash games might not play on some devices. I tried your links on a Windows PC so it's pretty clear the author/developer has that covered.

To get it to work on a phone, you contact the author and make a request.
Bob

Collapse -
omg ur driving me crazy :P
by baubabau / January 26, 2014 2:14 AM PST
In reply to: As Flash has evolved.

i CAN play that game on my phone cuz ive already played it..the problem is that when on a bad connection all the kongregate environment (chat, frames, etc..) just makes the things worst..

so id love to have a link similar to the canvas for tyrant in the example above for playing nightbanes bypassing all kong stuff..

in the link on the op my previous attemps are described..in a similar way as how i got the canvas link for tyrant ive got what seems the canvas link for nightbanes to me (that in the image, where im hoovering the mouse). the problem is that it redirects me right into kong.
[from now on i dunno what im saying..it seems that the link links to a script that embed the game on the kong environment]

PS alternatively how can i pass my login data to the server here??

Collapse -
edit
by baubabau / January 26, 2014 2:16 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) i failed again :( the correct link is from k1.night.. on
by baubabau / January 26, 2014 2:17 AM PST
In reply to: edit
Collapse -
I doubt anyone here can fix this.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 26, 2014 3:13 AM PST

Please get back to the author and ask them to support you.

Here it seems fine on a Windows PC.
Bob

Collapse -
i think u dont wanna get my point
by baubabau / January 26, 2014 3:45 AM PST

ive already repeated to u that the game works fine, its not that the problem..it works on ur pc, on my mac, on my phone and on any other device ive tried playing with..

i just wanna play nightbanes bypassing kongregate as i do playing tyrant throught my canvas link..

[if u come in and again say "on a pc works" im gonna take a fly and come to chase u :P]

Collapse -
check at gamespot dot com
by James Denison / January 27, 2014 3:12 AM PST

they can help you with the problem.

Collapse -
clari3
by baubabau / January 26, 2014 1:05 AM PST

id like to play this other game in the same way..btw how can i edit and delete posts Silly

Collapse -
(NT) To delete posts, just alert the ones you need gone.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 26, 2014 1:14 AM PST
In reply to: clari3
Collapse -
Answer
Tried the game and it looked to work on my Windows PC
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 26, 2014 12:50 AM PST

There's the solution. Run it on a PC.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
Long story short
by Jimmy Greystone / January 26, 2014 2:43 AM PST

Long story short, if I'm understanding correctly you want to decouple a couple of games from the Kongregate API. So, considering you label yourself a "noob" and that likely means you have no practical programming experience whatsoever, it boils down to the very simple conclusion of: You're screwed.

Setting aside potential legal issues with trying to do what you want and whether or not it would even be permissible with the Kongregate service (I only briefly looked at the site), you'd either have to strip out all the Kongregate code and then fill in any of the gaps that might be left to create a working program or convince someone else to do it for you.

We're also setting aside how Flash on cell phones was an aborted experiment for good reason. It barely worked at the best of times and most of the time all it really did was prove to be a giant suck on the battery. Adobe probably looked at it, realized it'd take a ground up rewrite of Flash specifically for a touch interface like Android, which would have to be maintained in parallel with the PC/Mac versions and decided that the costs involved wouldn't even come close to what they might recoup in increased sales of Flash development tools. Not to mention a lot of Flash functionality has been folded into the HTML5 spec so it just makes more sense for the likes of Google to focus on very highly optimized mobile HTML and JavaScript engines. Everyone wanted Flash on their phones and tablets until they actually saw how bad an experience it would be, then suddenly no one really cared anymore when Flash for mobile devices was quietly killed off by Adobe. Some people still try and shoehorn it onto newer devices which will create a whole new set of problems sooner or later.

So, getting back to the point here... If you want this, start learning how to program in Flash and do it yourself assuming the Kongregate license allows for it. From what little I gathered, you'd have to secure the rights from the developer unless they released it under some kind of open source license. If you're not going to learn to code yourself, you'll have to be prepared to pony up some money to get someone else to do it for you. I have absolutely no idea how long it would take, but I'd estimate you should be prepared to pay someone $500-$1000US for a couple hours work. You could try appealing to the developer, but the Kongregate system seems to be some kind of profit sharing thing, so I wouldn't bet on that being free (or cheap) either.

How much is it worth to you to be able to play this game on your phone without any of the associated Kongregate features? That's the question you have to answer and my guess is going to be that it's not that much.

Collapse -
re: ur screwed
by baubabau / January 26, 2014 4:02 AM PST
In reply to: Long story short

thx for the reply..

as far as i know, playing tyrant through this canvas link its not a problem for kong (the problem is sharing that link but here its safe :P)..

for nightbanes the only thing that is different is that bypassing kong the devs may be losing some income from ads (if u try playing it ud realize that an ad starts before letting u play the game)..indeed in the canvas link i got for it in a similar way as i got that for tyrant (see the link on the op for reference) there is a script that embeds the game right into kong..
i was assuming that modifying slightly that script was possible to avoid to load kong stuff and simply load the game..i was also thinking that an expert on these things could have done this in secs..

regarding the worthness of being able to play by phone its simply that nighbanes its a stupid grinding game (energy rechrges every minute, u got an energy cap, etc..) and im a stupid grinding machine

Collapse -
maybe
by baubabau / January 26, 2014 4:31 AM PST
In reply to: re: ur screwed

from a different prospective: how can i pass my "params" to a "serverUrl" (see this)

Collapse -
That would be a question for the game's author.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 26, 2014 5:41 AM PST
In reply to: maybe

Time to hunt them down.

Collapse -
Unlike you
by Jimmy Greystone / January 26, 2014 8:18 AM PST
In reply to: re: ur screwed

Unlike you, apparently, I do not enjoy mindless and repetitive tasks, including attempting to get you to accept reality. Multiple people have tried explaining to you how this is not going to happen, despite your own admitted ignorance, you decide you somehow know better.

I can't really speak for the others, but I'm thinking this is where I get off this particular merry-go-round. You've been given an answer by multiple people which states it can't be done as-is and offered possible alternatives such as opening a book and learning how to code yourself or paying someone to do it for you, all of which have failed to make it past the net of cognitive dissonance you've created around this topic in your mind. So if you'll excuse me, I have a brick wall I would rather beat my head against than continue this discussion. I would encourage the rest to do the same.

Collapse -
:((((((( me sad
by baubabau / January 26, 2014 10:36 AM PST
In reply to: Unlike you

first of all i dont think to have been arrogant, or, in any case, certainly that wasnt my goal nor i want to offend anybody with this post (unfortunately english is not my language) but ur arrogance on ur last post quite pisses me off Sad
maybe my bad english sounded even worse to u..
then, if u read my first reply to u, with my admitted ignorance ive stated: "i was assuming that was possible to modify slightly that script to avoid to load kong stuff and simply load the game (look im also beginning to learn some english :P)..i was also thinking that an expert on these things could have done this in secs.." so i dont get where comes that i decided that i know better, i just dont give up at the first difficulty or at the first "ur screwed"..

anyway all of u tech experts should know better than me that almost everything can be done with a proper programming knowledge..maybe it aint as easy as i was thinking but im sure that it can be done some way (also incouraged by the comments on the script in the image i posted to u)..
I would have much more appreciated a simple "sorry, cant help" then ur textwall about how i cant play by phone - lol i play regularly by phone - go to learn some programming (seriusly??) and if it was worth the effort..

lastly ***..multiple people = 2?? one of which practically just kept repeating me "on pc works" or "contact the devs" and the other is u...i was, and am actually, hoping that in this forum there some knowledgeable people that can help me but maybe im wrong..u can surely get off this merry-go-round, if thats ur attitude u wont be missed..

so any "further" help will be appreciated but please stop posting other uncostructive "no, u cant" cuz ur lying to me and to urself (see i really cant accept reality :P)

Collapse -
gamespot dot com is looking for you
by James Denison / January 27, 2014 3:13 AM PST
In reply to: :((((((( me sad

kindred spirits await you there.

Collapse -
thx..
by baubabau / January 27, 2014 6:08 PM PST

..ill give it a shot soon..seems like that only noobs like me still hang out here..

Collapse -
Nah, we're....
by James Denison / January 27, 2014 11:33 PM PST
In reply to: thx..

...just a lot of old dinosaurs waiting for the asteroid to hit and don't do the gaming stuff the younger crowd likes. LOL, it's sort of like trying to get info on how to ride a skateboard at the old folks home. Wink

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?