HolidayBuyer's Guide

Desktops forum

General discussion

Help my upgrade my Acer Aspire E360

by Brolly84 / July 17, 2008 7:43 AM PDT

I'm not sure whether I should upgrade my computer or just buy a new one because they are so cheap these days. Please help me decide! I'm looking to upgrade it probably for gaming purposes. What would you suggest? I'm looking to be fairly frugal as well.

It's an Acer Aspire E360 (with windows vista ultimate).
I've added 512mg(total 1.5g) of ram and thats the only upgrade I've done so far.
CPU is a AMD Athlon 64x2 3800+
The video card is a radeon x600 (I know crappy)
Here is a link to a picture of my PSU
http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nashvilleandrandom070lq6.jpg

Here is a link to just about the exact same computer.

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/acer-aspire-e360-2/4507-3118_7-31749343.html?tag=sub

Thanks very much for the help.
Please ask if you need any more info!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Help my upgrade my Acer Aspire E360
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Help my upgrade my Acer Aspire E360
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
If you upgrade the gfx card
by damasta55r / July 17, 2008 11:54 AM PDT

you'd probably need a new psu. I think you have dual +12V rails, but max output is only 300w. Maybe add another 512mb ram as you're using vista.

Collapse -
also
by CODAMAN12 / July 18, 2008 2:33 AM PDT

you will have to find a low profile graphic card for you have a small form factor case. A normal size card will not fit!

Collapse -
yikes
by Brolly84 / July 18, 2008 4:57 AM PDT
In reply to: also

A low profile card? Oh man that blows, I've never even heard of one of those.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
Please keep it coming.

Collapse -
sorry
by CODAMAN12 / July 19, 2008 6:32 AM PDT
In reply to: yikes

I looked up the machine and I stand corrected. It will take a standard graphic card! Just make sure (as posted before) you get a good power supply. About a 500 or 600 watt would do it.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE 2017

Cameras that make great holiday gifts

Let them start the new year with a step up in photo and video quality from a phone.