Resolved Question

Help my Samsun model UN32J4000 is stuck in store demo mode.

Apr 8, 2018 11:55AM PDT

I currently don't have a remote so I tried using the button the bottom right hand corner and I have limited options so I don't know how to get out of it.

Discussion is locked

Bacon2222 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer
Follow
Reply to: Help my Samsun model UN32J4000 is stuck in store demo mode.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Help my Samsun model UN32J4000 is stuck in store demo mode.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
So far, this requires a remote.
Apr 8, 2018 12:10PM PDT
- Collapse -
Oh that helps
Apr 8, 2018 12:12PM PDT

Thanks that helps, I thought I could do it without it.

- Collapse -
(NT) It works!
Oct 13, 2019 9:52PM PDT
- Collapse -
Wrong
Dec 13, 2018 8:43AM PST

Managed to switch to demo mode in the dark last night with the single button on bottom (no remote) so there HAS to be a way to do it, just trying to figure it out is the thing.

- Collapse -
Nice find.
Dec 13, 2018 12:56PM PST

Now where is that in the docs?

- Collapse -
Easy fix
Jan 6, 2019 1:16AM PST

Hold power button for 10-15 seconds. TV will power up. Keep holding power button until screen shows standard on screen

- Collapse -
To be specific because I just had to do the same thing...
Jul 16, 2019 1:51PM PDT

turn the tv on. without the menu popped up, press and hold the button. that's it. the menu will pop up, just keep holding it for about 5 seconds. =/ it happens sometimes when trying to turn the tv off. so annoying.

- Collapse -
YES
Jan 10, 2020 8:53PM PST

Thank you so much.

- Collapse -
Samsung tv
Apr 20, 2020 6:30PM PDT

For me I have this white box that appears in the left corner then right corner saying what the tv is but I dont have a remote how do I get into dark mode

- Collapse -
Tv stuck in demo mode
Jan 6, 2019 1:14AM PST

Hold the power button until tv turns on keep holding till screen shows standard on screen

- Collapse -
Answer
Fixed
Apr 21, 2019 8:02AM PDT

We fixed another Samsung TV with this problem WITHOUT a remote by plugging a USB keyboard into the back of the TV. This allowed us to control the TV and get it out of demo/retail mode.

- Collapse -
Answer
Just did it over the phone with samsung representative
Feb 9, 2020 10:26AM PST

First make sure your tv source is on TV then use buttons to go into menu then once in menu go to setup>plug&play>start. This will allow you to set up the tv again and choose HOME USE to get tv out of retail demo use
If this doesnt work for your tv call samsung support so you can find out your tvs model number and find the roght way to do it with your tv

- Collapse -
Answer
Everyone on here is wrong.
Apr 7, 2020 12:45AM PDT

I tried every suggestion with this model and it did not work. Instead I went to the back of the tv and unplugged the “DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (OPTICAL) cord. Demo mode was switched off and it worked perfectly w no remote.

- Collapse -
No, not wrong
Apr 17, 2020 4:28PM PDT

I just did what was suggested here (hold power), and it worked fine.

CNET Forums

Forum Info