iPhones, iPods, & iPads forum

General discussion

Help!! My iPod Touch is stuck in recover mode.

I have done everything I know to recover my iPod Touch and it just doesn't work! It goes through Recovery and says that it will take a few minutes to restart my iPod, and I see the iPod screen with the Apple logo and the download bar filling up and the spinning circle and then it just goes black and the window in iTunes comes back on, saying that my iPod needs recovering. Also, neither the start button or home button turns it on...it remains dead and dark! I can redo it all day long and it never recovers! And yes, I have re-downloaded iTunes, so I have the latest version and I'm sure my computer and the iPod are communicating, otherwise the iPod wouldn't do anything. I connect by USB, and yes I checked the COM Ports. This whole mess started when I noticed that my computer was not recognizing the bluetooth signal from my iPod anymore, so I checked that the Bluetooth enumerator was on and working and my computer said it was and I have the latest drivers. So I did a wipeout and then tried to do the recovery, and here I am today! Do iPods have lithion batteries? And if so,can they be replaced? And if it is a battery problem, I wouldn't get anything on the iPod screen,right? So that can't be it... Please,what can I do to to fix this?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Help!! My iPod Touch is stuck in recover mode.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Help!! My iPod Touch is stuck in recover mode.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
take it to apple

In reply to: Help!! My iPod Touch is stuck in recover mode.

try restoring on a different computer. If that doesn't work, then it must be a problem with the iPod. I don't think it's advisable to poke around on the inside of an iPod, due to the small/delicate construction of the device. So, I'd take it to Apple. Is the iPod under warranty? If so, then definitely take it to apple.

good luck.

Collapse -
Thank you

In reply to: take it to apple

Unfortunately it is not under warranty anymore.I will try to recover it on my laptop. Thanks for the advice!

Collapse -
Didn't work ...

In reply to: Thank you

Well, I tried creating a new user and that didn't work. I'm completely flummoxed! I just don't know what to do and I do not have the money now to contact one of Apple's support techs. Is it hopeless... should I just throw it away? It's a 16GB and I didn't use it that much... Oh woe is me...:(

Collapse -
Take it to Apple

In reply to: Didn't work ...

if you have a store within driving distance.

Wait to see how much they want to fix it before you throw it away

P

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.