Samsung forum

General discussion

Help Mr Samsung TV has problem with comcast remote for 2 min

by chuck053 / January 30, 2009 11:26 PM PST

I have a new Samsung TV Model LN40A630M1fxza and Comcast cable with the DCH3614 cable box. Here's the problem, when I turn on the TV, I cannot change the channels or call up the TV guide with Comcast remote for about 2 minutes, the only thing that works is the volume control. If I use the controls on the Cable box I can change channels, . After the 2 minutes(Approx.) then the remote works fine. The cable company came and we were able to work the remote with the same cable box on another TV in my house with no problem and if the TV was Not turned ON we could change channels on the cable box. If I leave the TV ON and shut off the cable box and turn the cable box back on the remote works fine, but as soon as I turn off the TV the same thing happens I have to wait 2 minutes inorder to use the remote. Now here is the stranger thing I found out, if I Cover the TV with a Sheet( The left half of the TV has to be covered) the remote works fine. It seems like the TV is blocking the signal from the remote(Until the TV has been on for about the 2 min.)When I called Saamsung they said sorry we have no Idea and basically said I have to live with it. I'm hopping that as time goes it dosen't take longer until it never works..(And yes I unplugged the TV and Cable box to see if this would help and it didn't) Can you Help me on this..

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Help Mr Samsung TV has problem with comcast remote for 2 min
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Help Mr Samsung TV has problem with comcast remote for 2 min
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Mr. Samsung I just saw a thread on the 850
by chuck053 / February 1, 2009 3:46 AM PST

I just saw a thread on the 850 model and they are replacing a board for free, can this be my problem also? and how do I get the board replaced for free?

Collapse -
Let me check on that...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 2, 2009 5:50 PM PST

chuck053,

I haven't heard of this issue happening on the A630 Series. Let me check with our service to see what could be happening.

--HDTech

Collapse -
2 minute wait
by chuck053 / February 2, 2009 9:35 PM PST

Thanks, I'll be waiting to here from you. I noticed that the850 model has an issue with the remote can this be something like that problem?

Collapse -
Information....
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 4, 2009 3:00 PM PST
In reply to: 2 minute wait
Collapse -
Mr. Samsung Thanks
by chuck053 / February 5, 2009 6:27 AM PST
In reply to: Information....

Hope we can figure this out I'll be tracking the new thread

Collapse -
I have a similar problem on my LN32A550 TV.
by glfisher_41 / February 4, 2009 4:41 AM PST

A difference is that it takes 10 minutes before the Comcast remote will start changing channels on my TV. I can adjust the volume without waiting.

Collapse -
10 minutes
by chuck053 / February 4, 2009 6:19 AM PST

Did you try to cover the TV with like a blanket or sheet to block out the TV signal and see if you can change the channels. That worked for me.

Collapse -
Covering with a blanket or sheet
by glfisher_41 / February 4, 2009 10:41 PM PST
In reply to: 10 minutes

I didn't try that but I will tonight. Last night I noticed that I didn't have to wait 10 minutes (or so). It only took a couple of minutes before it started working for me. I'll get back to you later.

Collapse -
Covering TV with blanket
by glfisher_41 / February 5, 2009 10:21 PM PST
In reply to: 10 minutes

I covered the TV with a blanket last night. The TV was off and I was able to turn it on, change the volume and, ta-da, most importantly I was able to change the channels. Interestingly enough as soon as I took the blanket off the TV I could no longer change channels. So now I'm wondering where I should go from here. There does seem to be a problem with the TV but how do I get it fixed?

Collapse -
Covered with a blanket
by chuck053 / February 6, 2009 5:51 AM PST

Take your information and retype it to the thread LNxxA650/630 IR Thread. The Samsung Tech has started this thread do to this TV issue and the more he sees the more reasons he will have to get the problem corrected. Just reply to him and give him the information like TV model# and version #...Tell him also that you placed a blanket over the TV and it worked.

Collapse -
Helpful Advice
by glfisher_41 / February 6, 2009 11:11 AM PST
In reply to: Covered with a blanket

Thanks for the advice. I'll do what you say and see how that goes.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!