Question

help me with RAM compatibility

i'm planning to add some ram into my pc, but i'm a real noob in choosing which is compatible.i currently have 4gb ddr3-1333 G.skill ripjaws (F3-1066CL9s-4GBRL) 1.5V,so it occupied one slot of DIMM. (2 DIMMs of mobo)

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: help me with RAM compatibility
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: help me with RAM compatibility
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
edit

oops sorry, i forgot to press "enter" between the psu, video card and os

- Collapse -
Answer
Bad luck
http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=P8H67-M%20LE&Cat=RAM shows the maximum for this motherboard is 2x4GB. So 4GB + 6GB won't work. For an new 4GB stick, buy any they recommend.

So your choices are limited to:
- be happy with 8 GB total
- buy a motherboard that supports 10 or 12 GB and compatible RAM (probably 2*4 Gb and 2*2 GB)
Your choice. Might depend on why you think you need so much memory.

Kees
- Collapse -
thanks

oh really? but the mobo's manual says it supports maximum of 16 gb. but i believe you anyway. thanks.

- Collapse -
Re: RAM

Generally, we find crucial.com reliable. But if your motherboard manual says it support 16 GB that should be 2*8 GB. It's recommended to have the same size of RAM in both slots.

Kees

- Collapse -
Asus is saying

That mobo supports 16GB of ram.

Some problems.
With only 2 slots that means 8GB sticks..........they are not exactly common.

That mobo uses dual channel........so now you need a 2x8GB kit.

Go shopping......see if you can find such a thing.

Maybe get a 2x4GB kit?.........your call.

- Collapse -
Answer
If this is your MB (see link below) ?
- Collapse -
Answer
thanks

thanks to all who answered. i decided to upgrade it up to 8gb only. guess that'd be the safest and most practical.

CNET Forums