Question

Help me with my rural internet connection problems!! Please

I made the bold move from the city to a small and rural island paradise in the Puget Sound area. All seemed idealic until I had the internet hooked up through DirectTV. They set me up with "Wildblue", who have to be the worst company I've ever dealt with. First off, the videos do not run without a pause every 30 seconds with an arrow circling in the middle which lasts for about 1-2 minutes, then the video runs again only to pause again!! No it is not our computers!! Both me and my so have new computers that all though not top of the line, they are fast!! The other issues I have are how slow the browsing is and pictures and videos are almost impossible to load to the internet... And I am not going to mess with cropping them, I tried that and it did not work. The other issue is the latency policy that I found out about the hard way. My son was downloading from ITunes and we got kicked off the internet and locked out from Wildblue for like 5 days! The only way I got us back on was by yelling at the top of my lungs for like 20 minutes and then upping my package to the premium one. One operator said she was going to keep us locked out for 30 days!! Finally, I demanded a supervisor and that was when I started my mad woman routine. The techie who installed it never said anything to me except that we could not be gamers on it. No mention of the other crap. I have tried the Verizon Air Card and that does not work here. We barely get cell phone reception here. For some reason texting seems to work, but cell phone calls just fail. That requires me to have a land line. All I wanted was the DSL Extreme!! Not asking alot! HELP!! Any ideas? I can not do dial up for that is really even worse!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Help me with my rural internet connection problems!! Please
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Help me with my rural internet connection problems!! Please
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Sounds expensive to solve.

I doubt there is a way to get what you want for the price you didn't reveal.

You may have to use a mix of wild blue and some satellite internet. Both are well known for caps (download limits) and more.
Bob

- Collapse -
Clarification Request
What's your connection speed?
- Collapse -
help

Hello I want some help and I hope you will do. Actually I have a problem in my internet connection its speed is very slow and not working properly. Please suggest me what to do.

- Collapse -
Satellite is fast but for GAMERS it's a non solution.

There are only so many solutions today. Do you have the resources to build out your own microwave link and towers to the mainland?
Bob

CNET Forums