General discussion

help me to find the perfect but cheap laptop

ok i'm planning to buy a laptop
but cant find what would be the best to buy

can someone please help me found a laptop with the following specs

PROCESSOR: at least Intel Core i3-370M (2.40GHz)or higher
MEMORY: at least 4GB or higher
HDD: at least 320GB or higher (preferably 7200rpm but 5400rpm is fine)
GPU: at least nVidia GeForce 310M or higher
SCREEN RESOLUTION: at least 1440x900 or higher
SCREEN SIZE: at least 14" or larger
PRICE: we're not rich so maximum of $850 would be the budget

please tell me the brand & model of your recommended laptop/notebook
my dad is planning to buy it in Saudi Arabia (Riyadh)so recommendations of available laptop brand/model in Saudi will be much appreciated but laptops available in other countries will still be fine

thank you.. sorry for my poor english

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: help me to find the perfect but cheap laptop
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: help me to find the perfect but cheap laptop
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
lol

i mean find not found

cant find a way to edit it after i posted
it sorry guys im just new here

- Collapse -
It's a big world.

But for north America we have the laptop finders at the top post in this forum. I don't hunt for laptops since the best changes everyday it seems.
Bob

- Collapse -
owwwwwwwwwwww

can someone help me please

- Collapse -
Re: help

Bob gave good help: use the laptop finders in http://forums.cnet.com/7723-6035_102-350349.html
Can you tell why that doesn't help you?

Another option: go www.dell.com and play around by choosing a laptop and configuring it. Then choose another base model and configure that. In the end, choose the one you like most. That way, it can be said you make YOUR OWN BEST laptop. And that certainly is the best for you.
You didn't tell any requirements about weight, battery life, glare or non-clare screen.

And when buying a laptop in another country than where you live (what I understand from your post) makes one factor almost deciding when choosing between brands: local support and warranty. Laptops fail much more often than desktops, and you wouldn't want to go back to Riyadh to bring it to a service desk if you live in Thailand when it fails, or have to pay for a repair, because there is no international warranty.

Kees

- Collapse -
ahm

My dad doesn't want to buy anything online. he wants to buy it in a local store there. And I'm not sure if dell reseller there allows to do customizations but if it's possible i would really love to have a dell.

I only wrote the specs which are important to me. You see my father works there so it will be easy to bring the laptop from here and there whenever.

- Collapse -
Then it's time to go to the local store.`

Since you can only buy there, they will answer your question.

Here, this is a big world and my answer won't help you as you can't be sure it will be the local store that your father will buy at.

Again, you set the buying rules and I can only give you a pointer where to go to next (that store.)
Bob

- Collapse -
I got your point but

I can't ask my dad to do that because he'll never will he only checks for what I say.

i told him to ask the store about this specs and he never did but when I asked him to look for this certain model he did it

- Collapse -
I think you need to go to the store.

Doing otherwise seems to leave too much unsaid.

CNET Forums

Forum Info