Question

Help me pls..

Cant access fb, cant access mail, cant access twitter & youtube, whats wrong with my pc? Connection says URL OR PAGE HAS BEEN BLOCK. Anybody help me pls..

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Help me pls..
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Help me pls..
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request

- That's a quite uncommon message. In fact, if I google it, I get only one hit. Are you sure about the text?
- Even if I correct it to "url or page has been blocked" (note the difference!) I only get 5 hits. Are you still sure about the exact error message?
- Can you access no sites at all? Or are only these 3 sites (facebook, twitter and youtube) + your unspecified mail-provider (yahoo.com?) blocked?
- Windows doesn't block url's or pages. Only your security software or malware does. So can you tell what security software (antivirus, antimalware, internet security suites) you have installed. And what malware is found by MBAM?

Kees

- Collapse -
URL has bin blocked

Tnx sir kees for the reply. Heres the situation, i work in a certain org. One mrning i found my connection failed to access in that selected site only. Maybe its a sabotage from our i.t. However other sites are accessible. Can u help me fix ths prblem? Pls.

- Collapse -
Re: blocking

All you can do: find your IT-staff (helpdesk?) and ask them to fix it.

My guess is they will say it's company policy. You don't make yourself popular with them by calling company policy sabotage.

Kees

- Collapse -
Pls..

I undrstand sir its a prsonal issue because some of my coworkers can connect. Thats why im asking your favor if i can fix it myself without his help. Pls sir..

- Collapse -
Re: personal issue

We don't know if they have done something, what they have done, where they have done it (on your PC or on their servers). So we can't tell you how do undo it (if they did something).

Ask your boss to have it corrected.

Kees

- Collapse -
Here's a quick test.

Goto the computer that one of your colleagues uses, and 'with their permission' log on to that computer with your username and password.

Then try the web sites you wish. The test is this;

1] If you can access those web sites, then there is nothing wrong with your account name and password and the problem is with your own computer. Ask IT to solve the problem with that computer.

2] If you cannot access those web sites,then the problem is with your profile account name and password and not with your computer. Ask the IT staff what the problem is.

We can't do that for you.

Mark

CNET Forums