Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

PC Hardware forum

General discussion

HELP ME PLS!!

by erikfrance / February 13, 2010 4:47 PM PST

wat games can i play with this
|
|
V
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/14/2010, 16:16:43
Machine name: USER-C0D09665E9
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.090804-1412)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 636MB used, 612MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_01D3&SUBSYS_04830000&REV_A1
Display Memory: 256.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: SONY CPD-E200/E200E
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0011.6906 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HELP ME PLS!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HELP ME PLS!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Not anything recent.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 13, 2010 11:40 PM PST
In reply to: HELP ME PLS!!

While some recent games like "Plants vs. Zombies" don't tax such a machine anything richer will not be happy.

All the corners have been cut on CPU, GPU, RAM so let's just say that's not a gamer machine. Upgrading could cost as much as a Xbox 360.
Bob

Collapse -
Dang.
by Bam421 / February 14, 2010 1:48 AM PST

I wouldn't try to play anything created within the last five, six, seven years on that. You will be able to play web games just fine, but you won't really be able to play any offline games that one would care about at this point in time (except maybe StarCraft or Warcraft III).

As said, buying an Xbox 360 would probably be easier and cheaper.

What games were you planning to play on this?

Collapse -
by yarg449 / February 14, 2010 6:32 AM PST

um ya i think maybe doom could play on that... Silly lol jk but seriously if you want to play any recent games atleast upgrade your ram, get up to like 2.5 gigs or something, your graphics card could prolly play most games, just defenentally not top notch, maybe like lowest settings, and your cpu is pretty slow, maybe if it was atleast like 2.3ghz or 2.4 you would be alright but 1.8 is prolly just too slow.

Collapse -
7300 GS playing most games...
by slamminsammy09 / February 14, 2010 11:12 AM PST
In reply to: reply

Sorry but no. I had a 7600 GT that played Call of Duty 4 on low settings. So a 7300 wouldn't probably be even able to play it.

As has already been said, it would be cheaper to buy a xbox 360 if your wanting to play all the new games. You could get away with upgrading the RAM and buying a cheaper graphics card, all for maybe around $180. But you still won't play the newest games all that well.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!