Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Help me please, CD WRITER doesn't work

hi people,

I really need some help.. There was a time ago that I tryed to put WINDOWS Vista on my computer. But in a accident I pressed on the Windows Vista Activator problem.. I think since then the problem started. Well since that day everythime I start my computer the first thing that appears on the screen is "BOOT FROM CD". Now I have downloaded the WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE AND BURNED IT ON A CD on my other computer. Well still it isn't working. My CD WRITER cannot read anything.. but I know it's working.. It's like it reads it, you see the minidisc next to the cursor and then stops and does not do ANYTHING.. So for already 1 year I cannot put cd or dvds in my writer.. and the thing in the beginning of my screen "BOOT FROM CD" Is still there..

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE IM SOOOO DESPERATE!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Help me please, CD WRITER doesn't work
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Help me please, CD WRITER doesn't work
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just checking

In reply to: Help me please, CD WRITER doesn't work

Where did you download that Windows Vista Ultimate from?

Also, tell us more about the "Windows Vista Activator problem". What problem was that?

Mark

Collapse -
Re: boot from cd

In reply to: Help me please, CD WRITER doesn't work

1. The boot from CD/disk/usb/diskette switch is in the BIOS. So go into the BIOS setup, find the screen with the field that defines the sequence of boot devices to try and set to to whatever you prefer.
2. You can't burn Vista Ultimate to CD, I think. Only to DVD. It's too big. It's distributed on DVD. How many MB is the version you donwloadend?
3. Where did you download it from?
4. How exactly did you burn it? Are you sure you did it the right way so it's a bootable DVD? Did you try on your other PC?
5. What do you mean with "it can't read anything, but I know it's working". I'd say it's not working.
6. If it's bootable disk, and it tries to boot from it, and it doesn't boot, it's a hardware issue. Time to try a new drive then.

Kees

Collapse -
REaction

In reply to: Re: boot from cd

Well I just downloaded the VISTA from Demonoid.com.
There was a torrent for the Windows vista only and a Windows Vista activator.

Everything went well, the download just everything.
But I was so curious that I pressed on the activator, just to look what will it do. But I think that was a bad idea of me to do that because as I assume.. I first had to put the disk and afterwards I had to activate the activator.

@Kees_B

Yeah I know I have done that in the BIOS, boot from CD.. and I have burned the Vista Ultimate on a DVD. I did it in a good way, because I tryed it on my laptop and it WORKED... just perfectly.. What I mean with It can read.. I mean Like when I put the DISK in the writer you can see the green light on the writer.. It trys to read but in some way he stops and does nothing.. He can't even read a normal music CD or what ever... But what I meant it's working I meant that the CD WRITER isn't broken.

What do you mean with a HardWare issue, and a new drive.. Im not so good in computer..

I Aprreciete your time and efford guys,

HELP MEE

Collapse -
Try the one and only real DVD from Microsoft.

In reply to: REaction

And we lock threads about illegal subjects like this.

Moreover, we don't recommend Vista for people who are not so good in computer. Windows 7 is much easier and not more expensive.

Kees

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.