run an on-line scan:
F-SECURE -- Vista 32-bit, XP Home Edition and Professional 32-bit, 2000 SP 4, Internet Explorer 7.0 & 6.0
Scans for malware and rootkits.
Please perform a scan with F-secure online scanner
1. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Start Scanning"
You may receive an alert on the address bar at this point to install the ActiveX control, please do so.
2. After installed, click on Accept on the license agreement.
3. Click "Full System Scan" to download the scanning components and begin scan and cleaning.
4. When the scan completes, click the "I want to decide item by item" button.
5. For each item found, Select "Disinfect" and click "Next".
and you could:
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malwareand save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
* Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
* Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
* When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
* When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
o Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
o Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
* Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
* If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.
* Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
* If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates,
manually download them from here
and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer,
copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes'
Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.
On the Scanner tab:
* Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
* Then click on the Scan button.
* If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
* The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top.
It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
* When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully.
Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
* Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Note:-- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,
you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process.
Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately.
Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
I have acquired what is probably a virus of some sort. Basically when I'm connected to the internet, sound clips play randomly over my speakers. It plays for less than 10 seconds or so and usually it is random commercials or songs. Needless to say, it is rather annoying. I'm unsure what program or progams I need to rid myself of it. Please help me