Deals forum

General discussion

Help me find an A Pad/Tablet PC/Pocket PC or PDA please

by Moregadgetsplease / November 1, 2010 10:47 AM PDT

Dear all,

I have been trying to find one of the above which will meet my following requirements. But due to lack of information on the internet, I am coming up short.

I do not know a great deal about the above so maybe none of the above will meet my requirements - please feel to help in any way you see fit.

I will call what I want by the name 'PC'.
In an ideal world I want a PC,
- that will fit in my back pocket (if not something lightweight and smaller than a laptop).
- to be able to have a battery time of 12 hours before needing recharge(but I can flex down to about 6hours.
- to be able to be on for 12 hours of the day, remaining accessible, without having the potential of the screen burning out in 2 weeks etc.
- to run/function with an operating system like Windows 7/Windows XP where I can download whatever software I want on to it, like a regular PC.
- with a USB input ideally or something equivalent.
- Prob impossible to get something decent - but a video recorder with best picture possible would be nice.
- to be able to run Holdem manager and Pokerstars. Requirements of at least 800MB RAM and ideally 2GB+. At least 1.0GHz CPU, at least 7200RPM hard drive. Faster the better basically.
- Some form of GPS application/ Tom tom.
- Some form of weather report app.
- A good calendar app.
And I would welcome any other useful stuff to help me through the day.

I would be grateful for any options you can suggest which meet the above.

Kind regards,

Luke

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Help me find an A Pad/Tablet PC/Pocket PC or PDA please
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Help me find an A Pad/Tablet PC/Pocket PC or PDA please
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I doubt this is made today.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 1, 2010 10:53 AM PDT

The new tablets you'll see over the next year will not meet your spec either because there is no 7200 RPM hard drive.

I'm sure you'll find iPad, Droid pads and soon some Windows 7 pads but today, nothing available and even in a few months the hard drive requirement is unlikely.
Bob

Collapse -
Buy a google droid phone
by bigbadcowboy / November 12, 2010 10:50 AM PST

Buy a droid phone from T-mobile the google phone. My phone does cloud computing google doc's, email, phone, texting, has qwerty keyboard,weather apps, barcode scanning application to check pricing on items, google maps with builtin GPS,

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.