General discussion

Help me figure out whats wrong with my Inspiron 1520 Screen!

A week ago there was weird noise ( like ffffffffff ) coming from near the screen and then it suddenly started blinking and then the screen went black (you can still see the items if you really look well with appropoate light) The noise stops when the screen goes dark... when I closed and opened the lid the image will go back up and then after 15 seconds (noise on) the screen will go dark again (noise off) I tried reducing the bightness which fixed the problem... screen worked fine for 24 hours then again same thing happened. Now the screen stays on for 1 second and then goes off and there is no fixing it

To top things off Dell customer serivce doesnt want to help me becayse warranty is over...
Backlight, Inverter, Screen.... what should I replace?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Help me figure out whats wrong with my Inspiron 1520 Screen!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Help me figure out whats wrong with my Inspiron 1520 Screen!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Sounds like the inverter.

But then you have folk that want some iron clad guarantee that's it. Or another test.

Sorry but I can only give you my vote given the story and my experiences in repair.
Bob

- Collapse -
Thanks... quick question
- Collapse -
Sorry

But that's not my part for sale. If the seller will not answer the question, then why buy it?
Bob

- Collapse -
The fix

You take your chances with repair parts and hoping you're working on the right area to fix. Provided the parts are 100% OK, what vendor doesn't say that, it will fix the correctly ID'ed problem. The Dell 1520 is a dated system and usually on any end user fix, the inverter or back-light tends to correct the problem, excluding any wiring. If your skills are capable then proceed. At least know what "return policy" is to cover that area.

- Collapse -
Link about fixing.

CNET Forums