I'm contemplating a purchase amongst the following phones
A). Sony Ericsson P1i
B). Nokia E71
C). HTC P4550 - Kaiser
D). Any PDA Smart phone - which meets the below requirement
I know the list is long, but then, what the heck.. every one looks to buy a phone which is best in class and value for money spent. So all ye
experts, help me evaluate and choose. Thanx in advance..
My perspective on requirement criteria
1. QWERTY - typing friendly (easy to type keys, faster response)
2. Internal Memory (the more the better)
3. Processor Speeds (drives agility and overall performance)
4. Monoblock is preferred (screen and keyboard on the same side) - but even a easy to access QWERTY will do. Screen size and Display resolution
- who is better?
5. Size and weight - the lesser, the better..
6. Operating System - Important - who's faster, user friendly and more "stable" - Symbian OS 9.2, S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 1 or Windows
7. Call Logs - who stores more detail, save to address book, duplicate checks, Any key answer, Call waiting, call hold, call divert, Call
timer,Automatic redial, Call switching, Conference call support,Speed dialing
8. Address Book - ease of maintenance (easy add, multiple address select for copy/move/delete), syncing, extra fields, contacts with images,
ringtone and overall user friendliness, search by name, number or both, Display options - Name, Number, Both
9. SMS/E-Mail - flexibility to store older messages on memory card; archive to PC; Predictive text inputs, spell check, special character
support and quick access,dictionary support, save as draft, save sent message (Y/N); save to folder (mem card); templates and voice type
support. Mutiple message selection for delete/move/copy; Multiple recipient selection for sending sms; show name and number when selecting
recipient, or reading sender details.
10. Maintainability - Tools to manage internal memory and card content; ability to search files and text content; delete unwanted stuff; clear
11. Memory card - how much does the device support without response issues and hanging
12. Power of the speaker and clarity of the speakerphone output and voice input (general call quality - in all modes - normal, handsfree
(bluetooth) and speakerphone). Voice Dial - thru bluetooth or handset.
13. FM Radio / Music Player - a must have.. (this is pretty basic for a phone with such capability)
14. Good camera with flash support(Quality pics Indoor and Outdoor)
15. Video Recording (Good Quality.. ) though its not "very" important
16. Connectivity - First the basics Bluetooth, Infrared ....and then the exotic works...
17. Back up and restore, sync features - support of good desktop software for mobile device management
18. Anti - virus support - in these days of bluetooth connectivity
19. Internet Browsing - Page content display capabilities and speed over GPRS; supported markup langs; scripting and protocols - who's better?
20. Office Apps + Utils (Organizers, Alarms,compression, adobe etc..); Desktop wallpaper + Screensaver
21. Important - power management - battery quality and life; charging time; talk time; standby time and quick access keys - volume =/-, mute,
speakerphone and Menu/home; Roaming support - multiple date and time displays; Profile Options (Silent, Vibrate. Loud, Meeting etc..)
22. Touch screen + stylus preferred; but no big fuss - as long as i can operate efficiently
23. Email integration - Enterprise activation - Blackberry Connect (optional); GPS In Built (not a must have)
24. Task switching - check addresses, type sms, use the calculator - while on a call. Invoke the calc, address book details in the middle of an
sms etc ..
25. Who is physically more sturdier amongst the phones? Equipped with protective casing options? Drop it and it survives...
Thanks for taking time off and going through this fussy requirement list . On a serious
note, I intend to make a thoroughly researched buy, hence, would appreciate a detailed response and a clear verdict/opinion.
Thx & Rgds,
This one tip will help you sleep better tonight
A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.