General discussion

help me

i am thinking of buying a legal copy of windows xp home(coz only it fits my pocket).
but i am used to install windows once in every month or two. does it interfere with genuinity anyway.
i know i can install it only on one pc but what if i change my hardware like processor or motherboard or ram etc.
plz guys help me out

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: help me
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: help me
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
The full retail version has "full rights."

Unlike some other versions, Microsoft won't cut you off.

-> But that's a bad sign. Reloading the OS monthly is a sure sign something horrible is happening.

Bob

- Collapse -
So does the Update/upgrade. . .

I used the XP upgrade on two of my machines running W98SE. Absolutely no problem. I've added RAM, slave HDs, replaced a HD and used the clone feature of the HD software, added video card, added Firewire card, and replaced a motherboard. Zero problems.

A clean machine is essential, and updates in the proper order.

Wayne

There are 10 types of people who understand binary; those that do and those that don't.
Click here to see the CNet faces, learn a little about telephones,
internet connections, spyware removal, and download free software.

- Collapse -
Upgrade..

Yes, and is typically cheaper. By the way, nice page you have going, Cnet faces, etc...Is this for all Cnet members or just staff? Either way, nice job.

Paul

- Collapse -
Everyone is welcome. . .

Wanna join? Email me from my site and include a picture.

- Collapse -
Thanks

thanks for the help bob but i think it needs reloading coz i am using a pirated version for 6 months and this must be corrected with genuine windows

- Collapse -
Pirated...

What's in your future? No help here.

Paul

- Collapse -
You are right

Using a pirate copy of the OS means you will get little help in these forums.

As soon as you buy a legitimate copy of XP and install it, come back if you have any problems.

Until then I am locking this thread.

Mark

CNET Forums

Forum Info