First, use System Restore to attempt to take your computer back to when it was working correctly. Click on Start-All Programs-Accessories-System Tools-System Restore. When SR opens, select the option for a "Different Restore Point", then select a point which is BEFORE the problems occurred. Follow the prompts to restore the computer and allow the computer to restart.
After the computer restarts, use the Trend Micro Uninstall Tool at the link below. Click on the link to immediately start the download dialogue window, download the file to your desktop and run it. (Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears. Read and accept the License Agreement, then click Next.Click Install. Click Uninstall software.Type the characters in the field provided.Click Uninstall. Wait for the uninstallation to complete.Click Yes to restart the computer.)
Note: After the restart, the uninstallation should be complete. It should uninstall Trend Micro for you.
Once you've uninstalled Trend Micro, if you still don't have the internet and restarting doesn't allow the computer to find and install the driver for your network adapter (you didn't say whether you're using a wireless or wired internet connection), then you'll need to visit the HP site, use your computer model number, then download and install the most current network adapter for your computer.
In addition, if MS Office isn't working as desired, then try reinstalling it using the installation CD which you should have from the original install of the product.
Hope this helps.
I have a hp desktop with windows 7. Up until last nite, everything was fine. I use Google and Norton 360.
Then the following happened:
1. I was getting messages occasionally about "Failed to load the required icudt library".
2. I foolishly (save the nasty comments) loaded down a registry cleaner. When I saw it wanted more info from me, I uninstalled it using normal Windows uninstall.
3, Suddenly I had no Norton.
4. I went to their help line, and a young lady was very helpful. She took control of my system (with my permission) and got Norton reinstalled. She also ran a quick scan which worked fine.
5. Then I asked if she could remove my old "Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security" which has continued to give me messages even though I don't use it.
6. She said she could do that in Safe mode, so she rebooted in Safe Mode, and I could see her trying to uninstall Trend with no luck. She got same msg I do when I try to uninstall it: "Failed to load the required icudt library".
7. Then I lost my connection to her. So I rebooted in regular mode (after finding out that safe mode had been set as the default).
8. AND NOW: I HAVE NO INTERNET. It says no hardware found (my laptop which I'm on is having no problems) AND I CAN'T USE "Microsoft Home and Student 2010: It says "Microsoft Office cannot verify license,......"
9.SO.. Does anybody have any ideas on what I can do. One thing that is do frustrating is not being able to get rid of Trend. If you tell me to take it to a technician, I gladly will and you can close this thread.