.......to a previous restore point?
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware or alternate download link
* Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
* Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
* When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
* When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
* - Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
* - Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
* Then click Finish.
* MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
* If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
* On the Scanner tab:
* - Make sure the "Perform Quick Acan" option is selected.
* - Then click on the Scan button.
* The next screen will ask you to select the drives to scan. Leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
* The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
* When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
* Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
* Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
* The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
* -- Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
**If you encounter this message:"c:\program files\malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll Unable to register the dll/ocx: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x5" Click on ignore mbamext.dll
Could you pls. copy\paste your MBAM log, so we can see "what" was found.
This morning I booted up my computer, and almost everything was normal.
I uninstalled the Bonjour service (don't know if that's relevant). Whenever I typed in an address in internet explorer or firefox, it says "Address not available" or something like that. I rebooted after that.
Now, Windows Vista starts a lot slower, at the start it shows a black screen for about 30 seconds before it shows me the desktop.
Now, whenever I try to connect to the internet it won't let me. The network diagnostic says there's something wrong with the DNS server www.microsoft.com.
However, the other internet connections in my house are all working perfectly.
Plus, now Vista can't display Help and Support, the Sidebar gadgets just show as white rectangles, and I can't create a system restore point, among many other things. My personal files all seem safe, it's mainly the core files and services that are having problems.
What could have possibly caused this?