General discussion

HELP: Installed wrong?? firmware on Samsung T2342H LCD tv

Although I know I went to the proper download page on the SAMSUNG website for my specific model television and got the appropriate firmware software, once I installed it onto my television and restarted..nothing happened. My television shut off, and now all that happens when I plug it in is the red light blinks on and off for a while. I honestly don't know what to do right now, the tv is a number of years old so a warranty replacement is probably out of the question.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: HELP: Installed wrong?? firmware on Samsung T2342H LCD tv
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: HELP: Installed wrong?? firmware on Samsung T2342H LCD tv
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Same here.

I have the same problem with my LE32B530. I have also been told that my guarantee will not cover this!

- Collapse -
ugh

I put the thumb drive back into my tv to see if maybe there was an error during installation, but alas..nothing has happened.

- Collapse -
Nothing will happen

Took the TV to the service center. There is no way to restore it. They will replace an internal card or something like that. I can't understand what caused all of this trouble. I upgrade the firmware of all my devices frequently and I had never problems like this.
Please keep me posted.

CNET Forums

Forum Info