Phones forum

General discussion

Help in find the best cell phone (only) for T-mobile.

I am looking for a cell phone that is just that, a phone. I am on it for literally 5000 plus minutes a month with my business. I do not care it is a camera or about text message or anything like that. I just need the best in audio quality. I had a Nokia 3595 and it seemed to be good. People did not know I was on a cell phone. I upgraded last year to a Motorolla V-188 and people ask me to take them off of speaker phone (they were not on speaker phone).

If anybody has an idea of a phone with great clarity, please do let me know. If it has a camera and all that, thats cool, but not important at all.

Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Help in find the best cell phone (only) for T-mobile.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Help in find the best cell phone (only) for T-mobile.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
you got it

In reply to: Help in find the best cell phone (only) for T-mobile.

razr v3 for t-mobile..its a sturdy smartphone made by a high quality company. also has great sound !!
also, dont let any dumb t-mobile rep talk you out of it. their opinions are not valued. believe me, its a great phone

Collapse -
Yes, us two, all we want is reception, reception, reception

We are in the same boat, we want a cell phone that works as a cell phone first and foremost. We already have a digital camera, ipod, etc. Both my wife and I depend on the phone to guess what--make phone calls!

I would gladly trade all of the bells and whistle stuff for more reception and reliability, and just a great cell phone that does not drop calls etc. In fact we don't care if the phone looks like crap if it gives us good sound and reception--thats all we care about.

I am test driving the V330 right now, seems to work ok, have not dropped any calls yet. The razr seems to have problems with battery life.

Anyone else have suggestions?

Collapse -
Motorola v360

While we also use the MP3 player on the Moto v360, our main use is the phone. We've been very happy with the call quality and reception on this Motorola.

Collapse -
The Fins know what they are doing.

I am a loyal Nokia customer. I have had several different phones over the last 10+ years and I always end up back with Nokia.

My current phone (the 6610) is no longer available, but I have been very happy with it.

The 6010 is really basic. My inlaws have a pair and have had no trouble with them. Their house does not have a strong signal, but we've had no trouble reaching them.

The 6101 has a few more features (speakerphone, camera, radio), and the T-Mobile rep in my area said it's pretty good. However, early Nokia flip phones had problems.

T-Mobile is going to start carrying the 6030. If someting happened to my phone, it's the one I'd get. Has the speakerphone and radio like my 6610, but no camera (cell cameras are crap anyway). It's the standard "candy-bar" design and again, you have the Nokia quality.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.