Computer Help forum

General discussion

HELP I wanna watch live t.v from my p.c what do I need?

HP Pavilion m8530f Media Center Desktop PC - AMD Quad-Core Phenom 9550 2.2GHz, 5GB DDR2, 750GB SATA, DVDRW-RAM, , Gigabit LAN, Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit SP1..video card i just bought is a
HIS Hightech H487FN1GP Radeon HD 4870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card
I wanna hook this p.c up to my 32"lcd t.v via HDMI i hope i chose a great video card** but I SEE THESE
HP Media Center Remote + IR Infrared & USB Receiver KIT devices do I NEED THIS ? to control the p.c I DON,T KNOW WHICH MODEL to get if I do need it? i someone can post a link on h.p,s site it would sure help
i found the remote but can,t find the receiver! and i,m also seeing this on ebay do I NEED THIS?
HP/Adaptec's AVC-3610 USB TV tuner KIT** i,m lost on this I have no clue HELP THANKS

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: HELP I wanna watch live t.v from my p.c what do I need?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: HELP I wanna watch live t.v from my p.c what do I need?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
All you need is a tuner card . . .

In reply to: HELP I wanna watch live t.v from my p.c what do I need?

Collapse -
re:HELP I wanna watch live t.v from my p.c what do I need?

In reply to: All you need is a tuner card . . .

well if there is no tuner card or those irc infared remote usb receivers with remote controllers need how do I change websites and control my p.c,s volume etc! i see vista irc infared usb receivers with remotes on ebay are you saying they won,t work?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.