General discussion

help i've discovered keylogger.acespy on my computer

My AOL did a scan this morning, a window opened up asking if I wanted the certain programs/games whatever to run, or if I wanted to block them. I am not computer savvy at all!! I clicked on the keylogger.acespy and it seems to be in the computer. I have no idea how, but I am very interested to learn where it is, and if I can access it and use it, any help is gratefully appreciated, jlb

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: help i've discovered keylogger.acespy on my computer
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: help i've discovered keylogger.acespy on my computer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Try Google

Type in something like "remove keylogger.acespy" and see what pops up. And for future reference, Google makes for a great reference for things of this general nature.

- Collapse -
Here you go..

The previous instructions letf a LOT to be desired.

Follow this link to a Google search that actually will provide both information and removal instructions/software.

Another thing you might do is simply contact the publisher at http://www.acespy.com/index.html and explain that their product is in use on YOUR machine without your permission and you want specific removal instrustions.

The previous poster is right about Google or other search engines being helpful BUT exact wording of the search is important to get optimal results.

Good luck.

CNET Forums

Forum Info