Cameras forum

General discussion

Help, I need a camera that does it all and is compact

by Effertz / November 22, 2009 9:40 AM PST

I would like a small camera that is easy to slide into a pocket, one that will do as much video as I have SDHC card or battery. One that has a AA or rechargeable AA batteries. What I am finding is that I don't plan ahead very well. I don't bring the camera with when I should. So....my poor kids have about 4 years where there is hardly any pictures or video of them. I would like the camera to do video, because let's face it if it doesn't there will only be pictures of them and no video. I want it to be able to do AA batteries because if it doesn't I won't remember to charge it. Yeah, I know come on....well...I am a busy woman. I want it all or the kids are going to have pictures or video. Money is not a big issue, as if it will do what I want it to do - that would be worth it for me. I also have been burned with buying the first camera that does a particular feature and it was broke within the year.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Help, I need a camera that does it all and is compact
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Help, I need a camera that does it all and is compact
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hmm...
by SX10 IS / November 22, 2009 9:53 AM PST

If you can get me Aladdin's lamp, I may be able to help you.

Collapse -
Digital Camera
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / November 22, 2009 12:09 PM PST
Collapse -
Can't have it all
by SX10 IS / November 22, 2009 9:35 PM PST
In reply to: Digital Camera

No camera can shoot video for the entire capacity of the SDHC card (unles the card is under 4GB) because of the FAT32 file system.

Collapse -
Another alternative ?
by jump1127 / November 23, 2009 12:18 PM PST

Canon S90 has served me well so far. It's easy to use and superb image quality with video capability, only not that HD definition. The camera do quite well in the low light circumstance along with its bright lense. The only matter is that you'll need a few extra batteries for the camera if you'll shoot a lot of video and pictures. Try it out. Good luck.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?