Question

[Help] I need a 1200-1500 AUD Gaming Laptop

I''m looking for a laptop within this range of specs. Any help would be massively appreciated.

What is your maximum budget?
$1200-$1500

What will be the uses of this laptop?
Gaming, graphic design and video production

Do you have brand loyalty or care which brands we select for you?
Nope. I judge models, not brands.

What screen size do you require?
Bigger is better.

What screen resolution do you require?
1920*1080 minimum

Are you looking to buy NEW or would refurbished/recertified/used be okay?
Anything is good. I still want to future proof as much as possible.

How long should the battery last? (Under optimal conditions, no movies/games/heavy internet)
0. I will always have power.

What games would you like to play with your laptop? And on what settings?
Looking for some Fallout 4 tier gear

What operating system do you need? (if any)
I'll be running Windows 10 and Linux.

Is there a certain style of laptop you want? (aluminum, black, gaming, etc.)
Nope. I just want it to not overheat.

How much hard drive space do you need?
128gig SSD. I am not afraid of external storage.

Do you need any special hardware? (blue ray, webcam, specialty ports, etc.)
USB, HDMI are manditory
eSata would be nice

Is there anything else we need to know?
Ambient temperatures average 30 degrees Celsius. Overheating has been a massive issue for me in the past. I currently have a Samsung np-rc530-s09au. I have had to disable the GT540M and limit the power of the i7-2630QM to 1% and turn off turbo boost to avoid overheating while gaming. I've used things from having a room fan under the laptop to ice packs just to hold off BSODs.

The main reason for the change is that I need a higher resolution screen for design work.

I travel a lot, but I always have power available. I have to make sure all of my belongings can fit in one suitcase and one backpack.

I'm still researching for myself, but I'd be very appreciative if anyone has any suggestions that fit my needs.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: [Help] I need a 1200-1500 AUD Gaming Laptop
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: [Help] I need a 1200-1500 AUD Gaming Laptop
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
This is when converted to AUD is there.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015PYYDMQ came in at 1121 AUD.

As 30C is pushing the comfort zone you may have to invest in a small refrigeration unit or forget gaming. Get a nice i7 without the GPU assist?

For more specs, check out notebookcheck. This is a new release a member talked about and it's got a lot going for it. While I personally would head for a 980m that's a budget breaker.
- Collapse -
Answer
b
- Collapse -
No laptop I know of short of

No laptop I know of short of those Panasonic Toughbooks have extended temperature operation. Since those are likely budget blowers I think you're Unicorn hunting.

CNET Forums