General discussion

HELP!!! I CANT PLAY MY FAVORITE PC GAME??

OK GUYS HERE IS MY DEAL. FIRST OFF I WOULD JUST LIKE TO SAY THAT I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIGURE THIS OUT FOR SEVERAL DAYS AND I AM STARTING TO REALLY GET FRUSTRATED. AWHILE BACK I BOUGHT "RISE OF NATIONS" AND I PLAYED IT ALL THE TIME. EVENTAULLY I UNINSTALLED IT AND DIDNT PLAY IT FOR A WHILE. THEN MY CD FOR "RON" GOT SMASHED INTO ABOUT 20 PIECES. NOW I WANT TO BE ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME AGAIN. I HAVE OBTAINED ALL THE CORRECT DATA (BIN/CUE) FILES FOR THE GAME AND I AM ABLE TO INSTALL THE GAME ON MY COMPUTER. I HAVE THE CORRECT KEY CODE FROM MY ORIGINAL DISK SO THAT IS NOT A PROBLEM. MY PROBLEM COMES WHEN I TRY TO PLAY THE GAME. I START THE GAME THROUGH VIRTUAL DAEMON MANAGER, BY MOUNTING THE IMAGE. BUT THEN IT SAYS SOMETHING LIKE "PLEASE INSERT THE CORRERT CD ROM AND RESTART THE APPLICATION." WELL OBVIOUSLY I DO NOT HAVE THE CD. ALSO I HAVE OBTAINED A NO-CD CRACK, BUT HAVE NO IDEA HOW IT WORKS OR WHAT TO DO WITH IT. SO HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS: HOW DO I PLAY THE GAME, USING THE NO-CD CRACK?/HOW DO I GET THE NO-CD CRACK TO WORK? AND*** IF I NEEDED (OR WANTED TO) HOW DO I GET THE CORRECT DATA ONTO A CD OR EVEN DVD? EVERYTIME I TRY TO BURN ANY SORT OF IMAGE FILE IT ONLY SAVES TO MY HARD DRIVE?? WHY IS THAT/CANT I GET IT ON A DISK?? FINALLLY HERE IS MY SET-UP: I HAVE XP HOME, SINGLE DVD+/-RW BURNER, 120GB HARD, 512 RAM, AND NERO EXPRESS SOFTWARE. THANKS ALOT GUYS!!! OH YA PLEASE BE VERY SPECIFIC IN WHAT I NEED TO DO, STEP BY STEP. I AM NOT A MORON AND I DO HAVE A PRETTY GOOD UNDERSTANDING ABOUT COMPUTERS BUT I AM JUST A BIT BEYOND MY KNOWLEDGE ON THIS TOPIC. AGAIN THANK YOU SOOOO VERY MUCH!!!!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: HELP!!! I CANT PLAY MY FAVORITE PC GAME??
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: HELP!!! I CANT PLAY MY FAVORITE PC GAME??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Tip.

Use both upper and lower case letters since all capitals is much like shouting.

Also, monolithic posts tend to convey the poster has no respect for others. That is, they don't care to make their post easy for others to respond to.

In closing, the forum rules FORBID any help with any crack software. If this bothers you, it's the rules we play by here.

Bob

- Collapse -
Re: Can't play favorite game.

Believe you are using the wrong term "NO-CD CRACK".
As Moderator Proffitt says, "...the forum rules FORBID any help with any crack software."

What you are talking about is having the game on your hard drive and not having to put in a CD.
The term is Virtual Drive Emulator. CNet has in their download.com a Virtual Drive by Farstone Technology. They also gave a 'review' and found their Virtual Drive Emulator "useful".

http://www.download.com/3000-2094_4-10074306.html

Another site suggested by Ed O'Daniel is,
http://www.virtualcd-online.com/

The problem you have though is that you need the 'Rise of Nations' CD in order to use the Virtual Drive.

- Collapse -
As this post

is all in CAPITAL LETTERS I find it very hard to read.

So I gave up.

Mark

CNET Forums

Forum Info