Mac OS forum

Resolved Question

Help!! How to use outlook mac email data in outlook windows

I have a macbook pro and a lot of emails downloaded in it but I am moving from mac to Windows OS due to official issues. Now, I need all those emails in windows outlook but outlook is not picking up the email database exported from outlook mac. Please help!!

leonim87 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Help!! How to use outlook mac email data in outlook windows
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Help!! How to use outlook mac email data in outlook windows
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by leonim87

Collapse -
Solution

In reply to: Help!! How to use outlook mac email data in outlook windows

After much hassles and trying a lot of free and trial versions of various applications, I finally zeroed on OLM converter Ultimate as not only can it convert OLM files exported from Outlook but also convert identity database directly from outlook database without requirement of OLM files. I required this feature as my outlook was unable to export emails completely in OLM files. I guess it is helpful for someone facing issues with outlook mac.

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Outlook from Mac to Windows

Collapse -
Move email data to outlook windows

In reply to: Re: Outlook from Mac to Windows

The office products are pre installed on systems given by company so for after sales support I have to contact Microsoft and they charge a lot of money for recovery related issues. The IMAP transfer method you suggested is quite good but it doesn't work with large email database sizes. My email database is almost 12 gigs so I doubt IMAP sync method to work with it. The application SysInfo Tools OLM to PST converter suggested by you have a lot of negative feedbacks on web regarding its working and after sales support so I think I will stay away from it for the time being.

Collapse -
Outlook from Mac to Windows

In reply to: Re: Outlook from Mac to Windows

Collapse -
Answer
So it's a company laptop/machine?

Then it's time to tap their IT.

For me I've used another method. I install Thunderbird as a bridge. Now with the emails in the bird I can move them to the other PC running Thunderbird and then export them over to Outlook. Sorry no, I never wrote a step by step. It's just something I do by using the menus.
Bob

Collapse -
Outlook mac to windows

In reply to: So it's a company laptop/machine?

@R. Proffitt

I have also installed Thunderbird but it doesn't accept the outlook mac database.

Collapse -
That's true.

In reply to: Outlook mac to windows

I had to hit up google and the thunderbird forums for a procedure to get it into the bird. As that was last year I think you'll have to do the research anew.
Bob

Collapse -
Found one but not with Thunderbird

In reply to: That's true.

Collapse -
Tried but to no use

In reply to: Found one but not with Thunderbird

I tried the method explained in link but it resulted into emails in haphazard manner and many details were missing from resulting messages. Also, the messages imported were not complete and partial messages were imported only.

Collapse -
Keep in mind

In reply to: Tried but to no use

The area moves around. When I do this it's with many steps and never a direct import from Outlook's database. I've only done this a few hundred times but the last time was over a year ago. For current methods I'd hit the Thunderbird forum or just bow to Microsoft and pay up.
Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.