We did swap out the 1TB HDD for a 500GB SSD for about 140 bucks (drive and clone kit.)
It's thinner than his 2010 15.6 ROG (still works!) and he's happy with it.
I took the plunge and got one as well.
- 960M or 970M.
- Cannot exceed 5 lbs. Prefer something around 4 lbs.
- Prefer 14 inches, but 13-15.6 are also acceptable.
Good to have:
- SSD (at least 256GB). HDD is also fine.
- 1080P screen is good enough. Does not need QHD or touch screen.
- Good quality and design.
- < $1500 will be ideal. $2000 is the maximum.
- New Razer Blade 14 (2016): Good quality. But the price ($1999 + tax) is a little high
- MSI GS40 Phantom: My 1st choice for now. I saw some reviews saying that the fan is too loud though.
- Gigabyte P34Wv5: a little cheaper than GS40 but someone told me that Gigabyte has poor quality control.
Any suggestions will be highly appreciated!
When it comes to gaming laptop, you can consider about good gaming brand such as, MSI or Alienware. MSI GS 40 is definitely good option as well. It comes with top-notch spec and many gaming features (Nahimic sound enhancer, cooling system steelseries keyboard and so forth), not mention it is real thin and light gaming laptop.
Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly
Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?