Dell Dimension 2400 desktop
Intel Pentium 2.19 GHz
512 RAM Windows XP Home SP1
80G drive Ad-Aware SE presonal
Spy Bot Search and Destroy 1.3
Zone Alarm(free version)
AVG 7.0 Anti Virus
11-20-04 11:02am mst

There is one site that will not load on my pc. I is vades.com. It will load on other computers that I have tried. I have gone to internet options and set secutity to low . I have gone to advanced and requested that this site be allowed all cookies.I have gone to privacy edit and told to always allow.
What happens is that i request site and the status bar shows loading. It takes a minute or two then it says done but all that appears is a blank white page. On the message board for that site there are a few other people that have the same trouble but many do not. There has not been a solution published there. I have uninstalled Spy bot then tried but no luck. I then installed the newer spy bot(1.3). Previously had version 1.2
Please try to help me.
Thank you BEV

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Help for a Web site that will not load
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Help for a Web site that will not load
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Help for a Web site that will not load
by Cursorcowboy / November 20, 2004 2:47 AM PST

One item is see which has not been recommended before is "Have you searched the system registry for vades.com and found anything?"

Collapse -
by frednbevr / November 20, 2004 3:48 AM PST

I am afraid that I do not have any idea how or what to do in the registery. Mostly novice here.
BEV

Collapse -
''You stick things on a computer not knowing what they do''
by Cursorcowboy / November 20, 2004 11:25 PM PST
I am afraid that I do not have any idea how or what to do in the registery.

"Description of the Microsoft Windows Registry (Q256986)" - all MS operating system versions, and "How To Use the Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 Registry Editor Features (Q310426)."

Going back to your question previously concerning "S&D", I would like for you to read:

1. Hypothetically, you'll find that the S&D Immunization feature entries in the system registry equals approximately 44 lines of addresses and at least that many values. Please note in addition should you decide to un-immunize these addresses, the values are not removed only nulled which isn't a problem -- just stating the fact.

2. Considering SpywareBlaster's feature for Internet Explorer protection . . . and the Restricted Sites protection is . . ., it adds approximately 1,400 addresses and probably that many or double in value lines.

3. If concerned and specifically desire to see an example in your computer's registry, -- I'm only pretty sure it will be there provided the above features have been enabled, and you can step further through the Domains or History or ActiveX Compatibility address(s) on your system to see more. To review the captured information in text file format for the two subjects, use the hyperlinks:

a. "S&D" (The approach for this software instead of detecting or removing targets, it inoculates a computer from executing certain software, stops you from downloading some types of parasite, and stops other things from working)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\008i.com

b. "SpywareBlaster"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\ad08.focalink.com

Note: "Registry fixes" which you may find useful at the S&D site are:

Spybot-S&D Wizard disable
Spybot-S&D SDHelper uninstall
Spybot-S&D system start run entry (uninstall)
Spybot-S&D full settings removal
Context menu for DLL files (install)
Context menu for DLL files (uninstall)
Internet Explorer Settings lock (install)
Internet Explorer Settings lock (uninstall)

4. Further, I do not know what the circumstances are IF/when using Norton but I assume from the information published that prevent HTML strings and/or specified pop-up or pop-under ad windows items, they are most likely written to the system registry also which may compound situations, "Norton Internet Security or Norton Personal Firewall."
Collapse -
by frednbevr / November 21, 2004 7:23 AM PST

Thanks everybody. I still havent been able to get it in I.E. but I downloaded firefox and as I expected it works fine.
BEV

Collapse -
by Papa Echo / November 20, 2004 5:43 PM PST

I note that you are using IE. At Internet Options, have you tried the 'Content' tab to allow a site ? Try using another browser, e.g. Mozilla Firefox.

Collapse -
by frednbevr / November 21, 2004 12:07 AM PST

Thank you for your reply. Yes I have used the content tab to allow a site. Thanks for the thought.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.