Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Help for a confused senior ccitizen

by Tom837 / December 14, 2004 12:54 AM PST

I have put all my digital photo's on formatted CD-R discs using Easy CD Creator and copy and paste. They work perfectly on my computor. I now have a Cyberhome DVD player with progressive scan. The manuel states that it will play CD's with images in the jpg mode, all my photo's have the jpg extension after the name. The CD's will not play, what does happen is the red/green indicator light on the front rapidly blinks back and forth. Either the manuel is wrong (unlikely) or I have done something wrong (very likely), Please help. Thanks in advance, Tom837

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Help for a confused senior ccitizen
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Help for a confused senior ccitizen
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Help for a confused senior ccitizen
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 14, 2004 2:05 AM PST

It's a simple issue. You created the CDR with the DRAG TO DISK feature of Roxio. This is not compatible with your DVD.

Try a New Data Disk (the name may change with version of Roxio so I leave it to you to sort that out) and then add these pictures to the "project" and then record the CDR and make the CDR "closed" or "final".

That usually will work.

Bob

Collapse -
No luck yet
by Tom837 / December 14, 2004 8:48 AM PST

Hello Bob, Thank you for your reply, I have tried several times to follow them, and suffered thru several "lock ups" Blue screens, and a couple of "This program has performed an illegal operation etc". I have now managed to burn a disc with the photo's on, my DVD wouldn't show them so I went back to my comp and tried to show the photo's from the disc, I get a window "couldn't dispay because a suitable graphics importer could not be found. If you know what this means I would really appreciate a little more guidance. Sincerely Tom837

Collapse -
That seems to be a new topic.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 14, 2004 9:23 AM PST
In reply to: No luck yet

Your first post doesn't seem to mention that issue. Just that drag to disk doesn't create CDs that play on your DVD player.

If you want to create a new topic, please feel free to do so. I'll just write that I don't use Drag to Disk and you may want to forgo that too.

Remember that to create a disk of "files" we just treat the photos as files to be put on the CD. It seems you are doing something else.

Bob

Collapse -
help for senior citizen
by gilly44 / January 8, 2005 7:49 PM PST

What format did you use to burn......... a CD will not play in a DVD player unless you chose SVCD or VCD format....!! Try one of those and see what happens.

Collapse -
I don't know....
by Haole / February 1, 2005 4:57 PM PST

what your problem is, but I bought the "Cyberhome" DVD player because it is the only home player I was able to find that literly played any format I wanted, which it does. All the DVD formats, and all CD formats play great on mine, even copies of store bought DVD movies..(Oops! I didn't say that).

Collapse -
Hmmm...
by wahnula / February 2, 2005 10:23 AM PST

First, are you sure the DVD player works, try it with a commercial DVD. Try to play a CD.
Second, sounds like you have other problems as well with the PC.

Nevertheless, try putting the jpeg's in a folder first and burning that.

Try burning with another program, there's a free trial available on the Nero website www.nero.com. You can even make a slideshow with Nero, it's the Geek's choice. Some other ideas:

Try a different brand of disc, maybe try a CD-R and a CD+R (there is a difference), one might be more compatible with your player. CD-RW is the least compatible format, since you used a "formatted" disc I assume that's what the problem is.

To cleanup your PC, do a Google search for Adaware SE. Download, update, and run it. Remove everything it finds.
Update your virus definitions, run a virus scan.

Go to Windows Update (Start>Windows Update) Download and install any Critical Updates.

Defrag your hard drive: (Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disk Defragmenter) Do this before you go to bed, it takes a while! Good luck!

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Never heard of CD+R.
by Haole / February 3, 2005 3:04 AM PST
In reply to: Hmmm...
Collapse -
Sorry...was thinking of DVD's...bad info
by wahnula / February 6, 2005 12:19 PM PST

You are correct, sorry for the misinformation, I was thinking DVD...

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.