General discussion

Help finding the right machine - very particular needs!

I'd be grateful for any help with this one.
I'm looking to buy about 100 mp3 players for a large audio installation.
The machines need to satisfy the following criteria:
1. No leak AT ALL from right to left channels
2. Under

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Help finding the right machine - very particular needs!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Help finding the right machine - very particular needs!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
What does it mean?

"1. No leak AT ALL from right to left channels"

- Collapse -
left-right...

hi there.
I'm splitting the stereo signal, so i need LEFT to be ONLY left, and right to be ONLY right. What i've found so far with my initial tests is that very often, with cheaper players, the signals leak from one side to the other...
thanks
Anthony

- Collapse -
I think I know this one.

I heard such a complaint that the player was not true stereo. So I pulled up the mp3 stereo file in an audio editor and the crossover was in the mp3 file. There was a lot of wasted time on that effort but it proved the point.
Bob

- Collapse -
Is this the usual custom player?
http://www.hcc-embedded.com/en/solution/ti/msp_texas finds a small company that could have this for you. The MPS430 could have your APP and the few buttons on a board to do exactly what you want. These sort of devices are common in the museum self guided tours.
Bob
- Collapse -
link

Thanks for this link. I've sent them a mail... let's see if they can do anything.

If anyone else has any experience and / or recommendations I'd be most grateful.

best,

Anthony

CNET Forums

Forum Info