General discussion

Help! Driver for Asus P4S533

My friend ask me to reformat her computer and when i asked her about the motherboard cd she said that when she bought the computer there was no cd given to her. I need a sound device. This is the info i got:

Motherboard Properties:
Motherboard ID 03/14/2002-SiS646-P4S533
Motherboard Name Asus P4S533

Front Side Bus Properties:
Bus Type Intel NetBurst
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 101 MHz (QDR)
Effective Clock 404 MHz
Bandwidth 3228 MB/s

Chipset Bus Properties:
Bus Type SiS MuTIOL
Bus Width 16-bit

Motherboard Physical Info:
CPU Sockets/Slots 1 Socket 478
Expansion Slots 6 PCI, 1 AGP
RAM Slots 3 DDR DIMM
Integrated Devices Audio
Form Factor ATX
Motherboard Size 220 mm x 300 mm
Motherboard Chipset SiS645DX
Extra Features JumperFree, Q-Fan, Stepless Freq Selection

Motherboard Manufacturer:
Company Name ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
Product Information http://www.asus.com/products1.aspx?l1=3
BIOS Download http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

I downloaded a soundmax device but when i started installing it it was searching for hda audio bus device. I try to fix it by browsing the internet and this is what i got:
* Step 1

Go to Start > Run and type Regedit

* Step 2

This will open up Windows Registry Editor. Next, follow the location of the key below by navigation through the little [+] signs you see next to the folders.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows\CDSVersion

* Step 3

Change the value of the CSDVersion Dword and give it the value 200.

* Step 4

Try to install your driver again, you should not get the error this time. Once installed, restart your computer and resotre the registry key back to 300.

Note: The 300 refers to the service pack you are running. In this example we fooled windows into thinking we had service pack 2, although we are actually running service pack 3!

Once you have restarted your machine you should have a fully working sound driver!

but it doesn't help me solve my problem. So please anyone here who experience a case like this please help.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Help! Driver for Asus P4S533
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Help! Driver for Asus P4S533
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Not my field

but a few of general questions.

Why the need to reformat this computer?

What are you going to use to do this?

What are you going to do with it afterwards?

Is this a Windows OEM system? (eg, it arrived with Windows pre-installed).

If so, does it have any Windows Setup CD or DVD, and a Drivers CD?

If no CD/DVD, is there a Recovery partition on the hard drive? If so there is usually an option, (Press F10 or similar), displayed during boot up that allows the OS to be rebuilt. Everything will be lost and the system is returned to factory state, ie, pre-installed with Windows.

Many of the new systems nowadays recommend that "Recovery CD/DVDs" are created as soon as the system is first used. SO, if there is no recovery partition, no original CD/DVDs and no recovery disks created, the manufacturer should be able to send you a set for this machine, at a cost, but smaller cost that a retail set of disks.

Mark

- Collapse -
Help! Driver for Asus P4S533

I forgot to state that i change the hard drive that's why i reformatted it.They using the comp for home use (e.g. school assignment, research, etc.). There was no driver cd that's why im searching for it. There was no partition on the disk. I try to install the kb888111.exe for missing hda audio bus driver but it doesn't work too. i tried everything that i research but all of it failed. What should i do to install the sound device. I got this soundmax audio driver but when i try to install it, it was looking for this hda audio bus driver.As i mentioned above, i tried to install the missing driver but it still doesn't work. I don't know what to do now. Please help me.I really dont know the details on how they got the unit but they said that it was the payment for the money they lend.

- Collapse -
2 clicks?
- Collapse -
Better link here.
- Collapse -
Help. ASUS P4S533

I tried already the link you provided. Thanks anyway i already got the software driver i needed.

- Collapse -
Help others out.

If you solve the issue, help others by sharing the solution.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info