You could go for an on-line scan to see IF it is virus related:
Please perform this online scan: F-Secure Online Scanner
The online scanner is on the bottom right of the page.
Follow the directions in the F-Secure page for proper Installation.
* You may receive an alert on the address bar at this point to install the ActiveX control.
* Click on that alert and then click "Install ActiveX component".
* Read the license agreement and click "Accept".
* Click "Custom Scan" and be sure the following are checked:
* Scan whole System
* Scan all files
* Scan whole system for rootkits
* Scan whole system for spyware
* Scan inside archives
* Use advanced heuristics
* When the scan completes, click the "I want to decide item by item" button.
* For each item found, Select "Disinfect" and click "Next".
To see if you are spyware\malware free:
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malwareand save it to your desktop.
alternate download link 1
alternate download link 2
* Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
* Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
* When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
* When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
o Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
o Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
* Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
* If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.
* Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
* If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates,
manually download them from here
and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer,
copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes'
Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.
On the Scanner tab:
* Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
* Then click on the Scan button.
* If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
* The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top.
It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
* When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully.
Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
* Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
* Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
* The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
* Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note:-- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,
you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process.
Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately.
Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users
* Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
* An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
* If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download and unzip them from here.)
* Under "Configuration and Preferences", click the Preferences button.
* Click the Scanning Control tab.
* Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining.
* Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen.
* Back on the main screen, under "Scan for Harmful Software" click Scan your computer.
* On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
* On the right, under "Complete Scan", choose Perform Complete Scan.
* Click "Next" to start the scan. Please be patient while it scans your computer.
* After the scan is complete, a Scan Summary box will appear with potentially harmful items that were detected. Click "OK".
* Make sure everything has a checkmark next to it and click "Next".
* A notification will appear that "Quarantine and Removal is Complete". Click "OK" and then click the "Finish" button to return to the main menu.
* If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes".
did the scans find anything?
Hi a couple of days ago I bagan to have trouble when I was searching on the internet. When I Use Google to search then there comes an emty field of 10 cm from the top to the bottom in the left side. There is nothing missing The text has just been pressed together. But it's only when I am searching. When I open a webpage everything get's normal. If I can open the webside.
The next new problem I now have is that when I try to open nearly 1/4 of all webpages. Then it stops to open and freeze and write as if the page does not exsist any more. Very strange.
I have scanned my computer with Norton but with no luck.
Please help ?