General discussion

[Help] Connecting Xbox 360 to PC

So I have a tv tuner with a composite port which I plugged my 360 into. Now, how do I switch to my xbox? Thanks!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: [Help] Connecting Xbox 360 to PC
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: [Help] Connecting Xbox 360 to PC
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
I wouldn't bother

I wouldn't bother. Virtually all TV tuner cards have about a 1-2 second buffer period, which will make them absolutely useless for any kind of gaming.

- Collapse -
Let me share what I do with my Hauppauge card.

I hooked that up and in the WinTV2000 application I select it's channel selector and in there it has the composite video as an input.

Works fine here without any noticeable delay. Why? Something about video overlay. Sorry I'm not going to explain circuit designs.
Bob

- Collapse -
help

Can you explain with a little more detail how? Do I need WinTV2000 or can I use WinTV7, because on 7 I can't find anything. Really lost...

- Collapse -
Sorry no.

You told me "So I have a tv tuner" but stopped there without revealing the make, model number and software you run to use it.

I offered what I use by the make and the software title from that maker. You can either tell more or replace your Tv card.
Bob

CNET Forums