The CNET Lounge forum

Question

Help.com

by Alcyone07 / May 10, 2012 12:11 AM PDT

Hello. I understand that CNET is the admin for Help.com. I have an active membership there, but when I tried to log into my account this morning, I got a message that my account has been banned. Surely this was in error, as I had no problems with anyone there. Can you please look into it and let me back in? My screen name there is AlcyONE. Thank you.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Help.com
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Help.com
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
I'll forward this to the appropriate team to look into...
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / May 10, 2012 2:28 AM PDT
In reply to: Help.com

For clarification, CNET is not the admin for Help.com. It is a site under CBS Interactive, but not owned or run by CNET's staff.

Thanks,
-Lee

Collapse -
Oh I see, thank you...
by Alcyone07 / May 10, 2012 4:52 AM PDT

So can you tell me who I would need to speak with then and how to get a hold of them? I can't ask directly on the help.com site, since I have been banned the system won't allow me to do that.

Collapse -
Oops...
by Alcyone07 / May 10, 2012 4:53 AM PDT

I missed this somehow... Thank you. Happy

Collapse -
Still locked out...
by Alcyone07 / May 10, 2012 9:55 PM PDT

OK, so I went to the CBS Interactive site, and under Contacts, found Help.com... But, when I click the link, it just takes me to my banned account (with no way to contact anyone there). :-p ...Can you please give me the direct contact info for who it is specifically @ CBS who can correct this problem? Thanks a bunch!

Collapse -
Alcyone07...
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / May 11, 2012 12:49 AM PDT
In reply to: Still locked out...

You are going to have to be patient. I have already forward this thread and your email you sent me to the help.com team for investigation and this doesn't necessarily mean your ban has been automatically lifted as they have to look into it. I'm sure when they complete their investigation they will notify you via email.

Hang in there.

Cheers,
-Lee

Collapse -
OK thanks
by Alcyone07 / May 11, 2012 2:07 AM PDT
In reply to: Alcyone07...

Seemed very odd as I have had the account for a couple of months and had no problems whatsoever, then WHAM, without warning, locked out this morning. I have noticed several other users recently talking about their accounts disappearing, so thinking maybe that's what's happened to mine. Probably some weird quirk. As far as I know, I hadn't made any enemies nor had any complaints there, so I'm certain it's just some kind of technical error. I was finally also able to find a link to be able to write to them directly, so should be corrected soon I guess. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated. I'll be patient. Happy

Collapse -
STILL no word... :-(
by Alcyone07 / May 16, 2012 2:52 AM PDT
In reply to: Alcyone07...

Hi Lee. Sorry to continue to bother you with this, but I still haven't heard from anyone, and it's been nearly a week since the problem began. The automated message I got from them after finding the link there to report a problem, was that I would get an answer within 24 hours. I don't even know if it has been received. As I can still go there, though still can't log in, I am seeing all kinds of folks making posts about how their accounts aren't working right either, but I am seeing no resolutions or replies from administrators. I wondered if you heard back from anyone on your end, since no one seems to be responsive to the users? I don't know if this helps you to track it, but the incident # I was given was 120515-000075. ...Thanks again, Jamie (Alcyone)

Collapse -
I asked the folks from Help.com yesterday...
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / May 16, 2012 4:43 AM PDT
In reply to: STILL no word... :-(

and they told me that your account is back in working order and there has been activity on your account for a couple days.

I would try this, clear your browser cookies and cache and try logging back in with your credentials and see if it works.

From what I understand your account has been reinstated from ban status.

Let me know if that works.

Cheers!
-Lee

Collapse -
No...
by Alcyone07 / May 16, 2012 5:52 PM PDT

No, I'm afraid that it still says I'm banned...and yes, I dumped my cookies before checking. :-/ ...Can you please let them know? Thanks again.

Collapse -
Ok let me reach out to them and let them know.
by Lee Koo (ADMIN) CNET staff/forum admin / May 17, 2012 1:52 AM PDT
In reply to: No...

Thanks for the update.

-Lee

Collapse -
OK, Lee, thanks...
by Alcyone07 / May 17, 2012 10:17 AM PDT

Just checked again and nothing's changed. Maybe you could ask them to notify me when they are sure it is fixed? Wow, just can't understand why it's taken a week, but I guess it's more complicated than it seems?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?