Computer Help forum

Question

Help, Chrome won't show or print in color now.

by StormyPeak / February 23, 2014 6:34 AM PST

I cannot make Chrome show and print things in color anymore.

When I view pages or photos they are in color, but when I hit the print option the print page shows the preview in black and white and it prints it that way to.

I have a computer with XP on it, my printer is a HP 1315xi.

If I go to Internet Explorer the same page or photo shows and prints in color.

I have looked on the internet for help but can't find anything on this problem.

I have tried getting into the printer options via Chrome's print page, option page and checked my printing options there to be in color. I have also unplugged my printer, and plugged it back into the computer but I cannot get Chrome to print stuff out in color anymore.

I have McAfee installed and also run Malwarebytes and neither of them report a virus.

Does anyone have a solution as to how to fix this?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Help, Chrome won't show or print in color now.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Help, Chrome won't show or print in color now.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
link didn't solve my problem
by StormyPeak / February 23, 2014 7:27 AM PST
In reply to: Try a prior HP reply.

Thanks for the link, but it didn't have anything that would help me.

The printer is set for color printing. It also prints in color...but only when I use Internet Explorer.

It's when I'm in Chrome when I cannot see previews in color nor will it print in color.
I've tried looking for some setting in Chrome that will change this but I can't find anything.

Collapse -
OK, now stop using Chrome's print and preview.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 23, 2014 7:30 AM PST
Collapse -
Got around the problem
by StormyPeak / February 23, 2014 8:03 AM PST

Thanks for the links.

I don't know why, but when using the 'use system dialog' option at the bottom of the print view page everything still prints in black and white. I tried that method several times before looking for help on this issue - I tried again...just to make sure and got a black and white page.

But in one link, it suggest using control+shift+P -- and that takes me to the same 'system dialog' printing page...but when I tried to print with it...it came out in color.

At least now I have a way to stay in Chrome to print, and not have to open Internet Explorer to the same address just to print something in color which is what I've been doing for some weeks.

Thanks for you help.

Collapse -
That bypasses Chrome's print and preview
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 23, 2014 8:43 AM PST
In reply to: Got around the problem

It appears buggy and why folk are writing/asking how to bypass.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.