Phones forum

General discussion

Help Choosing A New Phone - Cingular

Ok so I signed up thru Cingular a little more then a year ago. At the time I accepted their "free phone" (something I will never do again) which was a Motorla V180. That phone worked great for about 2 months and then turned into garbage. It would constantly drop calls, sound would cut out in the middle of a conversation, I'd have 5 bars and make a call and it would drop to 1 or none and give a call failed notice. Anyway, I got it replaced with the warranty and was told I would receive another one that had 4 frequencies instead of 2, or some garbage to that effect. Anyway, that phone worked great for a few months and then proceded to have the same issues. Warranty replaced again....and surprise surprise the third one is now dying, same problems.

I've completely given up and am now willing to buy a more expensive replacement. I don't care about any features I just want a phone with strong signals that will stop dropping calls. I use it as my only line in my house and can't have important work calls being dropped and so forth. I don't know much about phones but there have to be some designed with more power and stronger atteneas for this exact reason. Any suggestions for cingular compatabile phones that will do this?

I also haven't decided weither to buy the phone at a store or cingular store or just buy an unlocked one from Ebay. I have nothing done that before and would appreciate some advice on that issue as well.

I live in the Fargo, ND area and do a lot of my work in the Minneapolis, MN area if that matters at all.

Thanks to everyone who responds.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Help Choosing A New Phone - Cingular
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Help Choosing A New Phone - Cingular
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Anyone out there with some help?

In reply to: Help Choosing A New Phone - Cingular

Still waiting to hear from someone. Any info on best phones that I can use with Cingular service when it comes to clear voice and good connections? Thanks...

Collapse -
phone opinion

In reply to: Anyone out there with some help?

i have the T637 with cingluar now for almost 2 years. great phone. i may switch to the w600. personally a big fan of sony eric.

Collapse -
phone

from cingular the motorola v557 and sony ericson z520a has a really good reception, overall attractive and lots of great features. might want to look into each of them. pretty good reviews too.

Collapse -
Sony Ericsson W600i or Nokia 6230.

These two phones have great reception and call quality. You can get them both with Cingular and the SE is easier to find unlocked. But I don?t think it would help you to get an unlocked phone, and they're a lot more expensive. The SE is really sturdy, but the Nokia is practically bulletproof.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.