General discussion

Help! 3rd party keyboard no longer recognized on iMac

I've to a 20" first gen Intel iMac running the current system. Recently put in new drive, backed up from Time Machine and setup Bootcamp. Some squirrely behavior so ran current version of Disk Warrior at the same time I also ran some system updates (two days ago), and suddenly none of the USB ports recognize my Comfort keyboard. My laptop does, so it's not the keyboard.

I've reinstalled the most recent Combo version of the system, run through all the suggestions for slow keyboard and mouse response here, http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-10471886-263.html?tag=mncol and none of those helped (zapping pram, removing global account prefs, starting up in safe boot). The keyboard does not, as far as I can tell, have its own separate driver (and again, it worked fine on a much newer Macbook Pro that wouldn't have had the drivers installed)

Suggestions? I use this keyboard because of rotten arthritis and carpal tunnel, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Help! 3rd party keyboard no longer recognized on iMac
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Help! 3rd party keyboard no longer recognized on iMac
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info