General discussion

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have an htc snap, I have tried hundreds of times to sync with my computer but my computer/phone does not recognize it at all it is so ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. It is pissing me off. so please help I have window 7 64 bit. please please help

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Good luck

My LG Voyager is also not recognized w/ my 2 Windows 7 computers. Wish I knew the answer as well. Windows Vista did recognize the phone before the change.

- Collapse -
questions
- Collapse -
I'm seeing that.

I am authoring WinMo (WM or Windows Mobile) Apps. I found a few machines don't like some USB cables. That is I have a collection of USB cables and about 5 WM phones to test with. I've had to weed out a few USB cables that don't always work.

That's ONE THING.

Another thing is that we continue to find machines where the motherboard chipset driver package was never installed. This is usually not a problem with ready to use machines but is a recurring find in home brew and home upgraded Windows. It's widely discussed so I'll stop here on that. That's the Second thing.

Finally those antivirus suites with privacy protection can stop such a sync (in the name of privacy?) So that's rarer but worth mentioning.

Sorry there is not one and only one cause but eventually it's always something.
Bob

- Collapse -
Help continued

Well my system Is custom and I just do not understand, because it works on my laptop which is running windows 7 32 bit. I used a standard usb or is Micro maybe it is mini? But regardless My machine is totally beast So I do not think it is the computer but maybe the phone and All i really want to do is save my contacts is there anyway I can read the pim.vol file and transfer it, with it be 100% safe? please help.

- Collapse -
There it is.

When I read the system is custom that's one of the most common causes of the failure. I've lost count how many custom machines don't have the motherboard chipset driver package installed and flakey front usb ports.

The problem I run into is the owner doesn't think it's the machine even when the phone and cable works on other machines. How to help those?
Bob

- Collapse -
Help continued

Where can I find the driver than, because I need to back up my contacts. My phone always dies and I want to install drivers on it. help please I will install almost anything.

- Collapse -
You designed and built it.

Please don't be upset here. I can't supply any lead to said driver but it would be with the motherboard or at the maker's web pages.

BUT FIRST, READ THIS ONE -> http://forums.cnet.com/5208-19168_102-0.html?messageID=3284857&tag=forums06;posts#3284857

We didn't cover motherboard or system drivers but do cover a few other things.

So there you have it. It's rarely the phone but can be. I've lost count how many times it's the host PC, the USB cables, drivers.
Bob

- Collapse -
Thank you

I was not upset, just frustrated with my phone and computer, thank you for your time I appreciate it. Happy I hope that I can figure this complication out, one more thing, do you have a psp? and if you do, do you know how to downgrade or put custom firmware on it? thank you very much.

Brad

- Collapse -
PSP.

Sorry I don't have one. Since I have a Palm cell phone, Windows Mobile phone and I write apps I won't have any need for any PSP because if WM doesn't do what I need, it is possible for me to write an app for that.
Bob

- Collapse -
Psp

Alright thank you.

- Collapse -
Always start w/ Google

CNET Forums

Forum Info