Laptops forum

General discussion

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to buy a laptop but don't know anything about computers... I went through through the tutorial on cnet and found it helpful but still very obsolete with all the computers available... I want it to be really good so that I won't have to upgrade anything fast... I asked at Fry's and Best Buy but they all seemed mean and didn't help at all... they just told me that I should get the most expensive one there... my budget is between a 1,000 and 2,000 hopefully it's enough to get a good one... there was one that I like it was a fujitsu and it was all white with a shock sensor and a built in finger print reader but that was it... any help would be greatly appreciated...

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Help!!!!!!!!!!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Help!!!!!!!!!!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Back up a step and ask...

In reply to: Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

What are you going to use it for?

Without that I can only suggest you try a friendly machine like the Apple.

Bob

Collapse -
sorry...

In reply to: Back up a step and ask...

for everything... I want to be able to watch tv, movies, and listen to music... I have a pretty big collection... also I want to record music with it... for bands and my own... I want to be able to play some games on it... but really though I just don't want to have to buy another one soon or pay for upgrades soon either... I went on the HP website and was upgrading the HP Pavillion dv6000t but I'm not sure if HP is reliable... Don't know anything about computer brands and apples seen more difficult than windows

Collapse -
Seems like you have it all picked out.

In reply to: sorry...

What's the issue here?

Look at what warranty you can get to take the worry away.

Bob

Collapse -
HP's or Powerbooks ...

In reply to: Seems like you have it all picked out.

Not to be advertising for Apple but the new powerbooks can run Windows and the Mac OS. These are a good machine, They are #1 for CS and support, The new Mag-safe adapter and interface was designed by our shop and put into production on these w/out our consent.. (Should have kept my mouth closed).. I'd definitly steer clear of HP's that have the Nvidia 5700 chipset, Google ZD7000 Video problems and you'll see why.. But now were getting a ton in on the R3000 Compaqs, ZX5000, And ZV5000 HP's with the same issues. (Only with this GPU).. Although we can repair these I'd be mad if a month or 2 after warranty my Video died. As Bob said, PAY FOR AN EXTENDED WARRANTY IF YOU CAN AFFORD! Good luck!

Collapse -
HP's or MacBook ( not Powerbook )

In reply to: HP's or Powerbooks ...

Powerbooks don't exist anymore.

The HP Dv6000t is a very very nice laptop. Overheats are now things of the past with a mobile GPU and a mobile CPU ( the TDP of the Pentium 4, the CPU in the zd7000-8000 model, was too high to be used in a little case ).

Collapse -
HP dv6000t ???

In reply to: HP's or MacBook ( not Powerbook )

That's what I was looking at the dv6000t and I was adding this to it:
Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo processor T7200 (2.0 GHz)
256MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 7400
2048MB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo processor T5600 (1.83 GHz)
Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network w/Bluetooth

With that it was about 1400
My concern was should I get this or is it better to just buy a computer with all that in it... is there something like this around the same price?? am I paying more to costumize it?? or am I getting a good deal???

Collapse -
Typo Macbook pro

In reply to: HP dv6000t ???

Oops.. Macbook pro's.. LOL

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.