Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Hells Angels...Outlaw Bikers Beat up Cop

by Rolway / November 30, 2004 8:22 AM PST
Terrific. These Idiots are Back and One is a State Auditor.

A North Shore chapter of the Hells Angels decimated by federal racketeering convictions nearly a decade ago is suspected of using severe barroom beatings as part of a recruitment drive ``to flex their muscle'' after lying relatively low in recent years, numerous sources said yesterday.

Three unprovoked beatings in Lynn since last December, including last week's attack on an off-duty police lieutenant, have been linked to the notorious biker gang's Salem chapter that for decades kept its clubhouse in Lynn.

``They have been around but kept quiet for a while,'' said one source who has monitored the gang. ``They have started recruiting, and it looks like they are trying to flex their muscle.''

But now the Hells Angels have incurred the full wrath of the Lynn police over the vicious assault on Lt. Vernon ``Skip'' Coleman and his cousin at the Buchanan Cafe last week, leaving Coleman with a severe facial laceration that badly tore his lip.

Two members of the gang, James Costin, 40, a state auditor, and Thomas Duda, 35, have been ordered held without bail pending a dangerousness hearing tomorrow in Lynn District Court, where they are charged with mayhem and felony assault counts for allegedly throttling Coleman on Wednesday night while he was eating a sandwich in the Lynn tavern with his girlfriend and cousin.....More

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=56476

George
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Hells Angels...Outlaw Bikers Beat up Cop
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Hells Angels...Outlaw Bikers Beat up Cop
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Hells Angels...Outlaw Bikers Beat up Cop
by Mark5019 / November 30, 2004 10:16 AM PST

i hope they trow away the keys to there cell and then they will have probs falling down the stairs in there cell

Collapse -
by Rolway / November 30, 2004 12:12 PM PST

Hi Mark;
I think when the Lynn Police get through with them, they'll wish they never heard of Lynn.

George

Collapse -
by Mark5019 / November 30, 2004 12:32 PM PST

those stairs are slippery

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) He needs a "Wood Shampoo"
by Tony Holmes / November 30, 2004 7:15 PM PST
Collapse -
Is this kindlier and gentler Massachussetts? I didn't think
by Kiddpeat / November 30, 2004 11:18 AM PST

the Blue States had this kind of resident.

Collapse -
Re: Is this kindlier and gentler Massachussetts? I didn't th
by Rolway / November 30, 2004 11:46 AM PST

Yup. We have a few. Kerry, Leno, they ride too.

George

Collapse -
by Diane Harrison / November 30, 2004 12:07 PM PST

The Hells Angels originated right here in San Bernardino County. That being California, the state ever so supportive of Kerry. California where the Toys For Tots drive is done by bikers on chopped-out hogs roaring in to leave the toys for the kids. So, I don't think you can go by politics on much of any of this.

What they will have to watch out for in a revival of the old biker days, is what also comes with it sometimes, namely racial problems. Many of the bikers tend to be SWP or AB members. That can get a bit ugly when they are going against both law enforcement and certain sectors of the community.

ATF will hopefully send in their units and clean it up. They do a really good job in that area.

Collapse -
by Rolway / November 30, 2004 1:05 PM PST

Hi Diane;
If I may jump in. Yes, the Hells Angels did originate out there in CA. I have seen and read many documentarys on them. None Good.

There are many groups of Bikers that do worthy projects like the Toys for Tots you mentioned, but have never seen a Hells Angel involved. Things may have changed with them out there, over the years and I could be wrong. But the breed that has been lurking around here is trouble. There is also another group of Hells Angels that moved up into Canada somewhere thats giving them problems.

B/W That Toys for Tots Drive is great. We have it around here too. Believe the Marine Corps has been handling it.

George

Collapse -
These days it's mostly graybeards on those bikes,
by Kiddpeat / November 30, 2004 2:53 PM PST

or so it seems. I always wonder when they're going to grow up. Beating cops, however, is not humerous.

Collapse -
Re: These days it's mostly graybeards on those bikes,
by Diane Harrison / November 30, 2004 5:43 PM PST

For the most part they are quiet. They may be involved in drugs, embezzling, shell businesses for money laundering, and other frauds, but they are not out ripping things up like they used to, and they are not viewed as poorly as they once were.

But once they start recruiting, like it seems that they are doing here, that is a whole different story. Younger bikers who view themselves involved in the old (illegal) ways, can be major trouble and that needs to be dealt with swiftly.

We have them out here riding their hogs all the time, riding in loose formation through the desert to their meetings in Palm Springs, or just touring around. Some still fly their colors, which causes some tension on the roadway, especially when you are suddenly surrounded by them all looking like neo-nazi throwbacks with the weird helmets and all. But then there are a lot of peace officers who wear their own brotherhood colors too, and who could just as easily be mistaken for the other groups. Unless you know your groups and what they are into, you just never know which one you're dealing with.

I'm not so sure the greybeards would appreciate this new surge towards crime again. Some probably would think it's great to revive what used to go on, but others are a lot wiser and seem content to live a more quiet lifestyle. Hope that area gets that problem cleaned up real soon!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?