Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Desktops forum

General discussion

Hello everone ordered a PC from CyberPower and im scared ..

by MbMinx / March 26, 2006 3:04 PM PST

Ordered a PC from CyberPower because the specs i wanted would have cost $400 anywhere else, so i took a chance.. but after reading more reviews i find myself ready to kick myself in the A$$... here are my specs...

Gamer Ultra SLI Pro (NO MONITOR)
ULTRASLIZ, www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/ULTRASLI.asp
CPU: (939-pin) AMD Athlon™64 X2 4800+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology [+2059]
CAS: Hot New! ASUS Vento 3600 Mid-Tower 420W Case (BLACK COLOR)
CASUPGRADE: NONE
CD: 16X DVD ROM (BLACK COLOR)
CD2: (Special Price) LG GWA-4161 16X DVD

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Hello everone ordered a PC from CyberPower and im scared ..
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Hello everone ordered a PC from CyberPower and im scared ..
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I'd be scared, too
by nathanpsz2 / March 28, 2006 3:13 AM PST

Try to cancel your order. Are you capable of building your own? The 4800+ is a waste; get a 3800+ and overclock it.

Collapse -
Not to worry...
by loandog1 / March 29, 2006 6:08 AM PST
In reply to: I'd be scared, too

Despite all the bad rap they get, you will get a great system and as you already know, at a great price. Their Tech support is definitely not top notch, but they do get the job done.

I know because that's where I oredered my system from, and I shopped for several months seeking out the best bang for the buck. The closest price I found for the same exact components and configuration was still $1800 more than what I paid at Cyberpower.

I am very happy with my system, I have used their tech support and although it took longer than I wanted to spend on the phone, they took care of me, and to be honest my system F'in rocks.

Sit tight, you will be happy in the end...

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!