Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Hello!Dear Friends!

by sassy22471 / November 11, 2006 2:32 PM PST

I'am come from china!I'am very happy to know you!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Hello!Dear Friends!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Hello!Dear Friends!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Welcome
by phantazy / November 11, 2006 3:01 PM PST
In reply to: Hello!Dear Friends!

Enjoy the forums.
phantazy

Collapse -
(NT) A vert warm WELCOME!!!!
by Ray Harinec / November 11, 2006 10:57 PM PST
Collapse -
thank you very much!
by sassy22471 / November 25, 2006 2:32 PM PST

this is my Email:ieicihc@yahoo.com.cn
i hope you can send the Email to me.

Collapse -
I hope that you fill out your Profile
by Ray Harinec / November 11, 2006 11:48 PM PST

and possibly allow members to email you if it may become useful.

My message should have said a Very warm welcome.

Collapse -
Welcome to CNET xiaohb
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / November 25, 2006 9:18 PM PST

Welcome to the forums.

I note you have included your email in your post. This isn't a good idea as robots trawl forums such as these for email addresses so they can be spammed.

I have asked the Forum's Administrators to remove your email address. If you update your profile by clicking on your name, you can add an email button to the profile. Thereby people who want to contact you can send an email through CNET to you.

Good luck.

Mark

Collapse -
Re: e-mail addresses on open boards
by SE Moderators / November 25, 2006 10:41 PM PST
In reply to: Welcome to CNET xiaohb

Hi, Mark and Xiao.

Another option when there's no anonymous mailing system like the one CNET uses is to add a phrase in brackets to the middle of you name. Thus instead of "myname@mydomain.com" you'd post "myname[nospam]@mydomain.com" with the instructions "please remove backets and their contents from my e-mail address." Live peple who want to message you will follow the instructions, but the Spammers' robots generally work wihout human intervention, so they'll try to use the "intact" address and get a bounceback. It's probably not 100% effective, but it's a lot better than posting your address completely in the open.
-- Dave K (using this account while travelling)

Collapse -
thank you!
by sassy22471 / June 9, 2007 1:10 PM PDT

Sorry! I just arrived here shortly right here very unfamiliar. want your help. I want to be friends with you. You can leave your email address ?

Collapse -
No, that's not wise
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / June 9, 2007 8:31 PM PDT
In reply to: thank you!

xiaohb it is not wise to post email addresses in these or any other forums.

Forum robots trawl forums for email addresses so they can be spammed.

Also, technical forums like these are not really the best place to look for friends, although friendships do occur through the interaction of the members here as they ask and answer questions. If you want to post messages about the things that interest you, CNET has a good forum called Speakeasy where people can exchange views and discuss matters, The forum can be found here;
http://forums.cnet.com/5204-6130_102-0.html?forumID=50&tag=forum.fd

If you want to use the internet to find people for closer friendships, then perhaps using one of the search engines, eg Google or Yahoo, to search for something like, How to make friends on the internet or similar may help you.

Good luck.

Mark

Collapse -
thank you1
by sassy22471 / June 10, 2007 1:26 AM PDT
In reply to: No, that's not wise

thank you!

xiaohb

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!