Phones forum

General discussion

Helio Data Usage Limit

by adinagj / June 6, 2007 8:16 PM PDT

Hello, I have a question about Helio's data usage. Do you know if the 160 megabyte data limit that they had on the Helio Hybrid also applies to the phones? I'm thinking about getting an Ocean but if I can only use 160 mb of data every month then I'm not sure its worth it. But then again I have no clue how easy or hard it would be to rack up that much data usage.(and do any of you have any ideas of what it would take to get to 160 mb? I'll mainly being useing the phone for text/pic/video messaging and of course internet.) I was really excited about the Ocean and the All-In plan of $65 a month for 500 minutes and "unlimited" data usage but now I'm kind of weary of it. Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Helio Data Usage Limit
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Helio Data Usage Limit
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
i forgot to add..
by adinagj / June 6, 2007 8:45 PM PDT
In reply to: Helio Data Usage Limit

In Helio's terms and conditions (http://www.helio.com/page?p=terms#unlimited_unreasonable) they say what is and isn?t acceptable usage of the phone and its data, and that going over 160 mb is considered "abuse". but I was wondering, if the limit does apply to the phones and I do happen to go over the limit, (ive heard that your account can be terminated if you do, though I don?t know if that?s true),and I only used acceptable data usage (like text messages and internet, ect) and I didn?t violate any of the terms and conditions(like trying to tether it to a laptop or something), would my account get terminated or would that be ok with them?

Collapse -
Switch to Sprint
by fmpro / June 7, 2007 2:02 AM PDT
In reply to: Helio Data Usage Limit

Sprint has an incredible deal right now. It's called their SERO plan. $30 for 500 minutes, unlimited text, unlimited data, nights weekend, mobile to mobile, long distance....

go to www.sprint.com/sero

You need to provide a sprint email address. Enter: savings@sprintemi.com

Collapse -
re:
by adinagj / June 7, 2007 12:08 PM PDT
In reply to: Switch to Sprint

Well the thing is I I wanted to go with Helio because of all thier features and I like thier phones, I only just had a problem with the 160 mb limit.

Collapse -
GO WITH HELIO!!!
by ese_mexicano02 / June 8, 2007 2:31 PM PDT
In reply to: re:

Hey buddy, you should go with Helio, I do ALOT ALOT ALOT of tuff on the net with my Ocean and I barely hit 18 mb in 2 weeks. Dont worry bout the "abuse" and 65 for their plan of 500 mins is GREAT, thats the same exact plan I have and I'm REALLY happy with it....The Helio Ocean kills many other smartphones in my opinion and so does their services...get this phone, it is highly reccommended and if you really dont like it then you can break the contract for free and return the phone for a FULL refund in the first month, plenty of time to test drive this beauty of a phone. Any questions, just write back. -Abraham-

Collapse -
helpppppppp
by tayjaus / June 16, 2007 11:41 AM PDT
In reply to: GO WITH HELIO!!!

i live in canada and phones up here suck i was in new york the other week for a family wedding one of my cousion had the new helio i fell in love with it but theres none in canada i was wondering if i buy one from the usa could i use it in canada

plzzzzzzzzzz help

Collapse -
Re:
by adinagj / June 16, 2007 12:32 PM PDT
In reply to: GO WITH HELIO!!!

Hey. yeah I ended up just writing their customer care or whatever and they said that the 160mb limit doesn?t apply to their devices, it just only applied to their wifi internet card that they don?t even have anymore. So now I will definitely be getting the Ocean!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?