Desktops forum

General discussion

Heat Issues. HELP!!!

Im gettin hardware malfunctions and i think it my be heat. If i turn off the comp and feel the Heatsink and the ram its really hot. Where could i mount a fan to keep these cool?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Heat Issues. HELP!!!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Heat Issues. HELP!!!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Heat Issues. HELP!!!

In reply to: Heat Issues. HELP!!!

You didn't write is if removing the case cover helps.
Also why isn't this causing a call to the machine's maker?

Bob

Collapse -

In reply to: Heat Issues. HELP!!!

You maybe lucky and your current system case has an empty mounting(s) waiting for that extra fan. -OR- you can install a buss type fan mounted in a card slot and usually exhausts the heat. The quick solution to prove you have a heat problem is to remove side case cover and use a household fan to into the case. Check at that time for any dust/dirt build-up and blow it out. The best solution if accplicable is to use a new system case with your old mtrbd. that has already better fan mounting, etc. plus be bigger in size as well. it also helps to route harness and wiring to help in air circulation of case. Check any "modding" website that discusses this issue in much detail.

good luck -----Willy Happy

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: Heat Issues. HELP!!!

Ok thx. I should try that. By the way pointing a fan at the inside of the computer helps a ton. A game i could only run for about 20 minutes because of that problem nwo ran for over 2 hours. And the reason i dont call the manufacture is because i done it before and campaq has bad customer service... or at least i think so with the experience i've had with them.

Collapse -
It's heat.

In reply to: Re: Heat Issues. HELP!!!

OR a component has become heat sensitive.

If it's under warranty, let them fix it!

You can try with just the case cover off, but the checklist is to see if fans work and airflow is not impeded.

Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.