HolidayBuyer's Guide

TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Headphones question...

by samrockwell / July 21, 2009 1:23 AM PDT

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but I was hoping someone could help me with a question I have regarding headphones...

I'm not really an avid headphones user, I mostly just use them for listening to music on like public transit, but lately I've been getting really sick of my Ipod factory headphones that came with the player (essentially because they're awful). I've been seeing a lot of people around wearing bigger headphones but I have no idea what kinds they are, and which ones are the good ones, etc. My friends have no idea either.

So, my question is, if you were to get headphones other than ear-buds that sound really good but are just for a casual music listener, which ones would you get? Any help would be great, thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Headphones question...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Headphones question...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
In-earbuds
by samrockwell / August 6, 2009 2:44 AM PDT
In reply to: Headphones question...

Me again. A friend of mine was telling me about a type of headphone that apparently sounds as good as the big headphones, but is the same size as the ipod ear buds. There called inner-ears or something. Anyone use these are they any good? Better then ipod headphones/as good as big headphones?
He recommended the senheiser cx-500's (http://www.sennheiser.ca/live/senn/produit/en/994/15) are these any good?

Collapse -
Headphones
by Zitech / August 6, 2009 4:23 AM PDT
In reply to: In-earbuds

I don't know if I would go with inner-ear headphones, they I really long-term damaging because the sound waves can't escape out of your ear well, that's what I've read anyway, so I choose to stay away from them. I ended up going with these:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TS166ZM/A?mco=NDk1Mzk4MQ

They are a bit pricey and my only complaint is for long listening periods they get uncomfortable. I would also recommend JVC's headphones, they sound great. Basically anything you get is going to be better than the ones that come with the iPhone. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.